07 | Here, Not There

Nina had a smile on her face as she grabbed the white box with 'Dior' engraved in gold on it from Tyler, wasting no time to untie the bow and pull the top off

Nina had a smile on her face as she grabbed the white box with 'Dior' engraved in gold on it from Tyler, wasting no time to untie the bow and pull the top off. She did a small dance as she pulled out the Mini Lady ultra-matte black purse that had been on her wishlist for quite some time now.

"Thank you babyyy. It looks even better than the pictures on the website! I love it so much." She wrapped her arms around his neck for a hug, then tilted her head back to give him the kiss that he wanted.

"I went to Chanel, too. I didn't think you'd like any of the ones I saw, but you might, so I'll have to take you tomorrow. You can get two of them." He told her, making her smile spread wider.

Normally when he took her shopping he allowed her to splurge on clothes and shoes but rarely ever big branded purses because Chanel bags were almost $12,000 at the cheapest, and both of them found that unnecessarily expensive, no matter the amount of money Tyler made.

She had a few of them in the closet, maybe eight or nine of them, but she'd gotten them over the last five years—not all at once. She hadn't purchased a new one in a while though, so Tyler stopped at Saks Fifth Avenue after he got off of work today to grab her a very tiny Dior purse that ran for close to six thousand dollars after taxes.

He didn't understand women because nothing but a pair of keys could fit in that purse, but he bought it for her anyway. The smile on her face was more than worth it.

"What's the occasion?" She asked, taking the white paper stuffing out of the purse.

"Just because I love you." He unbuttoned the long sleeved brown shirt that he wore with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Nawww, you just came up on some money. I saw that email you got." She smirked over at him, and he laughed as he pulled the shirt off.

"Yeah? You probably done planned what you gone buy already and we don't even have it in the account yet." He chuckled.

Tyler worked as an internet technician for Google, and his yearly salary of $127,000 was being bumped up to almost $150,000, with an additional single bonus check of $12,000 which he would be receiving in the mail within the next two weeks for surpassing this month's quota.

Although it was technically his money, Nina managed it by herself. She paid the bills from the account they shared—rent, Tyler's two car notes since Nina's was already paid off, streaming services, etc. etc.—and sent a percentage of his check to the high yield saving account that they also shared.

They usually had a bunch of free money left over from his checks because their rent wasn't expensive, especially since Tyler put a good chunk of money into the down payment, and Tyler never questioned her on what she spent money on.

She could buy whatever she wanted, within reason, of course.

Most of the money she spent went to shopping, the weekly Pilates class she took, self-care days that included getting her hair, nails, and lashes done, makeup products, and furniture or decor for their house.