Chapter 2

⋆˚ఎ ☆ ໒˚⋆ 

When Arina was six, her parents told her they were planning on adopting a set of twins named Jessie and Parker. They were already one, but she was excited. She loves her moms, but since they're always working at the hospital, she gets lonely. Sure she had babysitters and goes over to visit the Swifts a lot, but even Austin, who is like a brother to her, could never compare to having your own little sibling.

So she eased their worries that she would hate it, and she painted their bedroom walls, saved up months of chore money to buy them clothes and toys, and talked Austin's ear off about it.

Then, the twins finally came.

They were adorable, two little bundles of joy that sent her gummy smiles because of their lack of teeth and clung to her shirt with their tiny hands the first time she held each of them.

Then they cried

They cried, and they cried, and guess what? They cried some more.

Her mothers were tired, and for just a second, she figured they were regretting their decision.

She still doesn't know if they do or not.

So she took off some of their responsibilities.

Oh the twins started crying at 3am but mama just got home from her shift that ended at 1am? Well then it's only fair she goes and rocks the babies back to sleep even though she has school in 4 hours.

She learned to cook, took up more chores, and truly just learned how to take care of kids.

Sometimes, she regrets it.

Like right now, when she has spent practically every hour of this past weekend crying alone in her bed, and now she has a pounding headache, but she has to walk the twins to school because mama wants to make mom breakfast in bed. They know their mature kid can handle it though.

Arina doesn't complain, just reminding them that Ronans baby class starts at 12 and if he's late one more time he gets kicked out before she got her other siblings ready for school to begin the short walk to their elementary school.

They like going, and every once and a while, they beg her to just skip highschool and join them in the fun place. She truly wishes she could, but alas, that's just not how life works.

So she kisses them goodbye and walks down the road to where Austin's bus stop is. It's also Taylors bus stop, but Arina has forced herself to stop thinking that way.

Austin is quiet for once in his life when he gets off the bus, and Arina, ever his protector, will not stop bugging him until he tells her what's wrong. He's literally in between her and Taylor, as the blonde always tells them she has to walk closest to the side of the road to protect them, and Arina doesn't want to be near her. So he walks in between them, pouting about something the whole way to school despite Arina trying many times to cheer him up though he just continues to glare at Taylor in the corner of his eye.

She's given up by the time they arrive at the highschool building, and she watches as he glares at Taylor one last time before speeding off to his locker.

Arina does as well, though she is ready to avoid walking towards it when she sees Tim standing in front of it, flowers and a box of chocolate in hand. The final straw is when she realizes her best friend's sister is still walking beside her, and the blonde rests her hand on Arinas lower back before leaning closer to whisper, "I got you. It's okay."

She moves quicker so Taylors hand is forced to fall, but she can still hear the sound of the girl's boots softly hitting the tile floor behind her.

"Well good morning sweetheart." Tim says with a grin. He's truly sweet to Arina, and the girl can't exactly tell why she gets the ick around him.