Chapter 5

⋆˚ఎ ☆ ໒˚⋆ 

Arina likes having a girlfriend.

Abigail says that she likes having Taylor and that not everyone's partner treats them as well as the blonde treats her. Arina just says tomato tomato.

Arina likes having Taylor.

Like right now.

She's sitting in the waiting room of the dentist office with her mom, knee bouncing up and down as her eyes dart around. Lia's hand rubbing her back does nothing to comfort her, and all she can think about is that in a way to short amount of time, she'll be under anesthesia and getting four teeth taken out. Two on each side. She found out a while ago that she has the extras, so her dentist scheduled her a surgery to put her under and then take them out.

She needs Taylor.

The girl said she would be here, though Arina isn't even mad that it's now seconds away from her being called to the back and her girlfriend isn't here, she's just scared. Taylor is her anchor.

"Arina Patel?" A kind looking woman, one with short hair and scrubs, comes into the room, reading her name off of a clipboard as she waves her hand towards the hallway she just came out of. "We're ready."

Mom helps her up, leading her towards the woman though she wants to keep her feet firmly planted on the ground.

She casts one last look towards the big glass doors, just wishing her girlfriend would walk through them and tell her everything is going to be okay.

That doesn't happen.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Taylor is there when she wakes up though.

The anesthesia has worn off enough that she wakes up, but enough to keep her from acting like she just got the best weed money can buy.

"It's my girlfriend!" She shouts so loud the pizza place next door can probably hear it, and Taylor finds herself nervously looking around. If only she didn't have to be scared of what could happen to her or her girl in public.

"Yeah darlin." She says with a small smile, brushing hair out of Arinas eyes so she can clearly see the girl's pretty face. "It's me. I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier. I actually got here 'bout a minute after you went back here. So I sat with your mom until they told me I could come see you."

Arina sends her a dopey smile, lazily lifting her arm to twirl a piece of blonde hair and admire the girl's simple clothing choice- jeans and a t-shirt with her favorite hat- that she still somehow makes hot before it falls limp on her chest again. "I knew you would protect me."

Taylor chuckles, nodding her head. Its the least she could do after she basically nursed her back to health last week. "Of course I would. I was right out there in that waiting room the whole time."

Her girlfriend just stares at her for a few seconds with loving eyes before her head falls limply off the headrest. "You're so pretty."

The blonde giggles, adjusting Arinas head so it's comfortably laying on the head rest again. "Thank you Rina. Not as pretty as you are though."

Arina lets her fall off the headrest once again, and Taylor also once again moves it to rest on the headrest again and then puts her hand right next to the girl's head so it won't fall again. Wouldn't want her to end up with neck pain.

A doctor walks back in with a wheelchair, and Taylor feels bad with the way she instantly stops holding hands with the other girl.

"You seem to get her to comply a bit better." The woman laughs, patting the chair. "You wanna help me out here?" If she noticed the close proximity of the two girls and was disgusted by it, she doesnt show it.