Chapter 212. On The Way To Emily's House

John Ericsson's Point Of View

" Have a good day, My Love."

" Be careful and rest, Darling."

Sarah and Anna wished me well as I exited the door. Today was the 7th day since Ruby and I had that picnic and afternoon nap. I thought everything was well for the rest of the day after I awoke from my nap, but when I had made it home in the night along with Ruby. Sarah, Anna and Emily were waiting for us in the living room. When I had entered, they greeted us both, then they explained that Emily had decided on her reward which would be similar to Ruby's. Sarah and Anna said to not mind it and to go with Emily for her reward. Before she left that night, I had asked her if she was sure this was what she really wanted, instead of something like a bonus or extra vacation days. Emily looked at me the same way she looked at Ms. Vox and simply said.

" Yes. I'm sure."

With that, a week passed, and we made it to this morning. After breakfast I was asked to arrive at Emily's home, and she would bring me to the places she would like to visit. Just like Ruby did. On my way to Emily's home, I noticed the town was a bit quiet for the first time in a while. At first, I thought it was because everyone was enjoying their lunch, but only after a while, I noticed it was because they were all staring at me. I kept walking till I reached a group of kids who were sitting on the ground eating some sandwiches their parents must've made them.

" I just wonder if we'll ever actually get to see him, y'know?"

" Yeah, I hear you can find him every other day working on the roads and walls, but nobody really gets the chance to speak to him because he's working and trying to focus..."

It was 2 young boys rubbing their stomachs as it appears they ate too much.

" You idiots."

And then 4 little girls came over with their lunch boxes in their hands. There were 2 Demon girls and 2 Human girls. I smiled as it seems like the Humans seemed to be integrating well.

" Why'd you leave the playing area? Ah never mind that, are you talking about Lord Matthew?"

One of the boys looked in the direction of the girls who were making a fuss as they approached.

" Ah? Because! The shade came over here! The sun's still hot! Why can't the winter take over!? And yeah... We kind of just want to see what he's like. Our parents all talk about how lucky we are to be living here, but I've never really seen the guy. He healed my mom when she was in the hospital with a broken leg, so I'd like to thank him... But I don't want to get in the way... Ya know?"

The boy rubbed his head as he spoke about thanking me. Before I could say anything, one of the girls spoke up.

" He healed my older sister from an incurable illness even though we were from Ashneck and couldn't afford medical treatment. You know, the older girls have apparently started a club recently."

" What do they even do there?"

" Well, apparently... They do things like draw pictures of him and try to find where he'll be working during the day so they can watch him."

" Why would they do something like that?"

The boy... And also, I, were genuinely confused by the girl's information... I mean... Why? This all sounds like those fan clubs that celebrities had back in my world. I get that I healed them... But I'm not that handsome... I mean Sarah and Anna say I am... But girls always maintained their distance back in my world... Maybe there's a different standard of attractiveness here in Gaia than my world? But I'm also married already...