¡Hola iberia! Part 3

Start from the beginning

"..." Aro just stared at me before averting his gaze, "I think we should go visit them. Their house is in Sentinel. It'll be a good reunion for you."

"Fine by me. Though, I just remembered to ask. What happened to all of us?" I asked him, referring to our group friends when we were kids.

"Us? Oh, you mean our group. Many left to find jobs, others stayed behind but eventually moved to find better jobs that suited them." He shook his head, "When I became Priest, it was just 8 of us left. Since then, it's been just me."

"it's been long huh? Three, four years?"'

He simply chuckled and smiled, "When we were little, we talked amongst ourselves on what we would want to become once we're big. An Inquisitor, celebrity, businessman, scientist, teacher. Now, we're all pursuing that dream. Maybe one day we can reunite."

I didn't reply as we got into the jeep and drove to Sentinel.

***************************************

Their house was fine, it was a two-story house that is rather colorful by Iberian standards, which is to say depressingly gray. I prefer the modern designs Lungmen has to offer. And the noise pollution.

You know what, I prefer Lungmen's fast-paced live.

Aro approached the door and knocked.

A few seconds later, the door was opened by a muscular, bearded middle-aged man, who I recognized as Anton. But... aren't you like... 4 years older than me? How did you look like already in your 40s? I guess being a parent does that to someone, it drains the life out of them.

Good thing I have no intention on becoming a parent in the near future.

"Kolt! What brings you here today?" He greeted with enthusiasm.

"Was passing by and thought to say hi. We were just from Father's grave." Aro stuck an arm for a handshake.

Anton shook it, "Is that so, eh? Well, suit yourself," His eyes then shifted to me, "Who's with you?"

I cleared my throat, "Really? Aro, you couldn't even introduce me?"

"Aro...? You're Alter Valero?" His eyes widened in recognition. Yes, clearly there is only one person who addresses Aro as Aro.

I simply smiled and shook his hands, "Been a while, Anton. Hope you're doing alright?"

Okay, I might put in a bit of pressure on the handshake that caused to pull away hurriedly.

"A- anyways, welcome in." He said with a pained smile, "It's been a while, Alt."

"Sure is." I still don't like being called 'Alt', makes me some sort of a skin walker.

I stopped mid-way entering the house and looked at him up and down, "Er, you changed."

"I did. Been that way since I had kids with Isabe- oh."

"Oh, huh? Why'd you stop?" I glared at him, locking our eyes, before eventually going in the house.

We sat on a couch with a small coffee table in the middle. There was uneasy tension noticeable to only the three of us. I couldn't help but notice Anton's uneasy glances, his eyes darting around the room as if avoiding my gaze.