We won't meet again.

Short chapter, see notes at the end!

“Good morning, Londonium! Today we have a sunny day for the start of the week! But before we get into today’s news segment, let’s take a look at this mornings traffic.

It seems that there are some heavy delays at the M25 due to an accident involving a construction truck, more on that later. So if you’re planning to take this route this morning, be sure to allow yourself some extra time.

In other news...”

“Dear, here’s your lunch.” My attention was diverted from the tv to my wife who handed me a bag of my favourite sandwich.

I smiled and kissed Her, “thanks, Monica.” I replied softly.

I was getting ready for work, currently i am tying up my tie in front of the mirror.

“Let me help you with that.” Monica moves Infront of me and begins to help me tie my tie, “there, you look handsome like the first time we met.” She smiled.

“Same goes for you.” I smiled back, i glanced at the clock, “welp, almost six thirty. Gotta get to work. Junior should be waking up.”

“Yes, you should go.” She goes to the stairs, stopping before going up, “oh, and you promise on that family vacation, right?”

“Hopefully i can get a bonus and a time off. But i promise.”

After exchanging our goodbyes, i got out of the house and went into my car.

An old reliable to be sure. This automobile has accompanied me ever since I obtained my driving licence, gifted by my dad as a reward.

Such a shame that I’ll have to replace it. The engine is getting old... Or maybe I can talk Monica about this.

I started the car and went off to the VBC headquarters in central Londonium.

The traffic was not too congested, though there were more cars than usual, it’s probably the morning rush hour as usual. Haah, I should buy a bigger car. Monica said she wants another kid…

And… i will finally publish my article about Valor and expose corruption of the Nobility!

I made it to the VBC headquarters complex at around six fifty. A whole ten minutes early, great! I could have coffee before work and relax a bit.

I parked my car in the parking lot, and began to walk to the main building.

“Morning sir.” A security guard greeted me as I walked through the parking lot.

Huh, weird, we don’t have Lupo security guards here. Also, is that a Siracusan accent?

“Morning, are you new here?” I greeted him back.

“Yes sir.” He said awkwardly.

“where’s Hendriks?” I ask, referring to the head security.

“He’s over there in the front entrance.” He said pointing towards the main entrance. “The name’s Capo, sir.”

“Alfred Cordell. Nice to meet you.” I extend my arms for a handshake.

The security guard smiled and shakes my hand.

As he shook my hand, i felt the sudden jolt of electricity runs through my body and causing me to tremble.

The security guard yelled something in Siracusan, I don’t know.

The next thing I knew, however, was my world becoming black and I was put to sleep.

————————