I gently took hold of her hand and with her walked off to a nearby cat cafe.

"Do you like cats?" I asked, looking at the sidewalk.

"Yeah, they're my favorite animals. Especially black cats," she spoke, smiling up at me.

"I'm more of a dog person. I loooove golden retrievers," I grinned back.

After around 10 minutes of walking, we reached a cat cafe. A sign, called Cushy Cats in script was plastered at the top of the one-story building. It seemed to be giving a solace aura.

I peered inside, and saw a few people chatting away. It's luckily not too crowded like always, I thought.

Hinata-chan and I walked in, the door jingling as it opened, and then shut.

"Welcome," said the lady at the counter. "Please make yourself comfortable."

I waved at her, and Hinata-chan nodded in response.

"Hey! Let's go sit on that mini couch over there! That place is crowded with cats." I exclaimed, pointing towards the corner of the room.

She nodded, and I eagerly dragged her the way there.

We stumbled over to the said mini couch, and I plopped onto it.

I patted for her to sit next to me. "I-I don't think th-there's a-any space," she spoke.

I huffed. "Fine then, if you're gonna act like that."

I snaked my arms around her waist and pulled her down so she was sitting in between my legs. My skin felt as if it was being set on fire as it touched hers.

"That better?"

She shakily nodded, and I hugged her tighter.

A waiter then came up to us. "May I take your order," she said.

I nodded. "May I have a peppermint mocha, please?" I asked.

"I'll have o-one as well," she whispered.

The waiter smiled at us and walked away.

"N-Naruto-kun, h-here-" "I don't care." I interrupted as she spoke.

She sighed, then smiled up at me. My heart skipped a beat at her beauty.

"Naruto-kun, look!" she exclaimed, pointing towards a calico cat.

The kitten cautiously walked towards us.

Hinata-chan spread her arms out. "Don't worry, come here," she cooed, smiling affectionately at the feline.

Stupid cat, getting all her attention. Hinata-chan belongs to me! Not to any of you furries.

I was getting bombarded with such thoughts until Hinata-chan called out to me.

"Naruto-kun, touch it! It's so soft!" she exclaimed quietly, obviously excited to be around so many kittens.

Hinata-chan hugged the calico close, and it didn't seem to budge.

I reached out to pet it when it suddenly hissed at me.

Hinata-chan started laughing.

"I told you I'm a dog person," I huffed, internally cheering for making her laugh. She smiled.

More cats started to gather around Hinata-chan. Soon enough, about half of the cats at the cafe were all snuggled up with her.

Hinata-chan, in the meantime, seemed like she was having the best time of her life.