𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 14

RUVIK

Rupert entered the room, his expression solemn. "I've gathered every bit of information about her, Ruvik," he said, his tone low and measured. "Her name is Rui Meadows, and she's an author. She published her first book at the age of 18, and each one  of her books has become a blockbuster."

I listened to Rupert's words, and a surge of anger washed over me. "How is it possible that my power didn't work on her?" I muttered, clenching my fists. "I've never hated someone more than I hate her now."

Rupert nodded, understanding the depth of my frustration. "It seems like she's more than just a mere human. There's something different about her, something extraordinary. She might hold the key to unraveling the mysteries of your past, Ruvik.” My mind raced with conflicting emotions - anger, curiosity, and a sense of helplessness. Rui had managed to break through my defenses, and the fact that I couldn't control her or manipulate her thoughts infuriated me.

"I need to know more about her," I said, my voice determined. "Find out everything - her past, her connections, her weaknesses. I won't let her escape my grasp."

Rupert nodded again, his eyes fixed on me with unwavering loyalty. "I'll dig deeper, Ruvik. I'll leave no stone unturned until we have all the answers."

As Rupert left the room, I was left alone with my thoughts, my mind consumed by the enigmatic woman who had entered my life and turned everything upside down. Rui's presence ignited a fire inside me, a relentless drive to uncover the truth and understand the inexplicable connection between us.

I know that this encounter would lead us both on a journey of self-discovery, revealing secrets that had been buried for centuries. The lines between enemies and allies blurred, and as much as I hated her for eluding my power, a part of me couldn't deny the pull she had on me.

I would not rest until I knew everything about Rui, until I understood why she was the only one my powers couldn't touch. And I would ensure that no one stood in my way, not even the powerful and captivating author who had unwittingly become the center of my universe.

As I stormed into Erica's wedding, anger coursing through my veins, I couldn't help but feel a sense of desperation.  I had the ability to teleport, making it easy to get inside the room where Erica was getting ready. I called her name, urging her to stop the wedding, but she stubbornly refused, pushing me away.

"I won't stop the wedding for you!" Erica's voice was filled with anger and defiance.

In the heat of the moment, our emotions clashed, and we found ourselves in a fierce fight. Erica possessed powers of water and fire, and she hurled fireballs at me with an intensity that could have been deadly for anyone else. But I had my own powers to protect me, and I dodged her attacks with ease.

My abilities were unique, as each time I created a demon, they gained some of my powers, but not all of them. It was a random mix, with each demon having a maximum of 3-4 abilities. This made the battle with Erica challenging, as she wielded two powerful elements against me.

Rupert had the ability to render anyone unconscious, and he used his power on Erica, incapacitating her for the moment. I quickly opened a door, transporting us back to my house, leaving Erica and Rupert behind.

But my heart sank as I realized the danger that still loomed at the wedding. The fireballs thrown by Erica had sparked a massive blaze that threatened to consume the entire church. I couldn't leave innocent lives in peril, so I returned to the church to contain the fire.

As I worked to extinguish the flames, I bumped into Rui. I wanted to stop and talk to her, but the urgency of the situation forced me to focus on the task at hand. I used my powers to shut down the fire, ensuring that everyone inside the church was safe.