𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 11

Two years ago ...

RUI

As Taylor enters my writing studio, her dark eyes are filled with a mix of emotions, and I can sense that something is off. Her gaze lingers on me for a moment before she hands me a delicate chain, her voice tinged with frustration. "Hey, Rui," she says, "I've my flight to London to visit my parents, and I need a favor.”

I take the chain from her, but my curiosity is piqued by her troubled expression. "What's going on, Taylor?" I inquire gently, my concern growing.

"It's the chain of the guy I went out with about a month ago," she explains, her tone betraying her irritation. "I accidentally took it with me, and I won't be able to return it in person. Would you mind doing it for me?"

"Of course, I can return it for you," I reply, wanting to be there for my friend in any way I can.

"Thanks," she says, her voice softening slightly. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience."
As Taylor prepares to leave, I can't help but feel a pang of worry for her. There's something bothering her, and I wish I could help, but I also understand that she might need some space right now.

Before she heads out the door, she turns back to me, her eyes holding a mix of hurt and determination. "You know, Rui, he pissed me off. He told me to leave after the night," she says, her voice tinged with sadness.

I listen attentively as Taylor shares the story of how she ended up with the chain of the mysterious guy she went out with. She looks at me with a mix of emotions, and I can tell that the memory is still vivid in her mind.

I'm taken aback by her revelation, not expecting to hear such a painful confession. "I'm so sorry, Taylor," I reply, reaching out to give her a comforting hug. "You deserve better than that."

As she pulls away, her eyes light up as she describes him, "He had the most striking appearance, Rui. His white hair  , and his yellow eyes held a captivating intensity ,His olive skin was a perfect And he had this intriguing gold piercing on his right ear, just below the upper ear area, which added to his enigmatic charm."

I'm captivated by Taylor's vivid description, almost feeling as if I've met this mysterious guy myself. "He sounds mesmerizing," I reply, genuinely intrigued by the man who had left such an impact on her.

Taylor smiles weakly, her fingers playing with the edge of her coat. "Yeah, he was," she admits, her voice tinged with uncertainty. "But it's clear that he's not the one for me."

I nod, understanding that sometimes things don't work out, even with captivating individuals. "Maybe this is an opportunity for something better to come your way," I offer, hoping to bring a glimmer of hope to her heart.

She nods in agreement, a hint of determination returning to her eyes. "You're right, Rui," she says. "I guess it's time to move on."

She takes a deep breath, and with a hint of excitement and concern in her voice, she shares, "Before I catch my flight to London tomorrow evening, there's one last thing I have to do. Erica Kent, the famous model, is getting married in the church tomorrow morning. and I have this feeling that something is off about her."

I raise an eyebrow, intrigued by Taylor's suspicions. "Really? What makes you think that?" I inquire, my curiosity piqued.

Taylor takes a moment to gather her thoughts, her eyes searching for the right words. "Well, she's been acting strangely lately. I've been following her career, and there have been rumors about her engagement being rushed. I can't shake the feeling that something doesn't add up."

I nod, understanding the weight of Taylor's profession as a news journalist. "It's good that you're being thorough and investigating further," I say, supportive of her instincts.