𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8

Ruvik

As the afternoon sun bathed the surroundings in a warm glow, I left Rui's room with a heavy heart and a mind swirling with conflicting emotions. The encounter had left me unsettled, and I needed some time alone to collect my thoughts.

Stepping out into the crisp afternoon air, I took deep breaths, trying to steady myself. The light breeze rustled through the trees, and the distant sound of birdsong provided a momentary distraction from the turmoil within.

"I need to clear my head," I muttered to myself, knowing that I had acted out of anger and fear.

As I walked along the path that wound through the woods, the beauty of nature seemed to offer some solace. But the guilt gnawed at me, knowing that I had terrified Rui, the human girl who had unexpectedly entered my world.

"I should have handled it differently," I whispered, a pang of regret piercing my heart.

The memories of her tears and frightened eyes haunted me, a constant reminder of my own insecurities. The thought that she might be afraid of me, the powerful demon god, weighed heavily on my conscience.

"I never wanted this," I mumbled, my voice tinged with sorrow.

Finding a secluded spot by the edge of a gentle stream, I sat down, allowing the calming sound of water to wash over me. I needed to understand why I had reacted the way I did and how I could change for the better.

Lost in my thoughts, I wondered if there was any way to make amends, to earn her trust once more. Rui's genuine curiosity and resilience had left a mark on me, and the idea of pushing her away weighed heavily on my mind.

"I need to apologize," I resolved, realizing that admitting my mistakes was the first step to making things right.

As the evening sun dipped below the horizon, I finally returned home, my mind still troubled by the events of the day. I settled into the living room, ready to tell Rui the truth about my feelings and the mistakes I had made. However, before I could utter a word, Rina came running towards me, her face filled with horror and concern.

"Ruvik, something terrible has happened," she gasped, her voice trembling.

"What is it, Rina?" I asked, a sense of dread creeping over me.

"Rui... she's gone," she said, her eyes welling up with tears. "Her room was empty, and the door was unlocked."

My heart sank as the realization of my negligence hit me once again. "I forgot to lock her door," I murmured, feeling a wave of guilt wash over me.

But before I could respond, Rina continued, her voice low and filled with a hint of suspense. "And there's something else, Ruby is missing too. She wasn't in her room, and her door lock was broken."

My heart skipped a beat, the sense of dread intensifying. "Are you saying they both ran away together?" I asked, my mind racing with worry.

Rina nodded, her expression grave. "It's possible," she said. "I checked everywhere, but there's no sign of either of them."

My heart pounded in my chest as I considered the possibility that Rui might have taken Ruby with her. "I need to find them," I said firmly, my determination unwavering.

Rina placed a hand on my shoulder, her concern evident in her touch. "We'll search every inch of the house and the surrounding area," she reassured me. "We'll bring them back, I promise."

With Rina by my side, we began our search, calling out Rui's and Ruby's names, hoping they would hear us and come back. As we checked every room, every corner, I couldn't help but feel the weight of my actions crushing me. My fear and anger had driven Rui away, and now she had taken Ruby with her.