I miss you, I'm sorry (1/2)

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry, I get asked that alot," She smiled before introducing herself properly, "Hii, everyone, I'm Charlotte, Ishan's secretary and I'm actually half-Indian."

Just secretary, she seems so close to him. Shubman thought, observing the scene. No, no, why do you care? You shouldn't care. He shook his head to get rid of the thoughts but somewhere, they still lingered, making him feel oddly uneasy.

"Hey, you didn't tell me your name?" Charlotte asked as she turned to him with a smile.

Shubman smiled politely, extending his hand for a handshake, "Hello, I'm Shubman gill."

"Shubman," She mumbled, her smile fading a little as she glanced at Ishan who immediately looked away, avoiding her eyes. Oh, so this is him. She thought as she smiled again, shaking Shubman's hand, "Nice to meet you, Shubman."

"Beta, come have breakfast with us." Ishan's mother insisted.

"Nahi, mama, phir kabhi. I just need Ishan's sign on some files." She said, approaching Ishan and handing him the files she was carrying in her bag. She soon left after that.

-

"This place is so cozy." Riya said, looking around the cute cafe.

"I know. It's my go-to place for a date." Charlotte replied.

All of them found themselves at a cafe nearby to have breakfast and discuss about the wedding venues. Charlotte offered to help 'cause according to her Ishan has a horrible taste so he wouldn't be of much help.

"Can you go take our orders while I show them some venues?" Charlotte asked Ishan as this was a counter-service cafe. At Ishan's nod, she added, "Shubman, can you please go help him as well?"

Ishan glanced at her surprised while she just smiled at him. They quietly walked to the counter and placed the order.

"And a piece of chocolate cake as well." Shubman finished, politely smiling at the barista.

"Please, make sure there's no nuts in it." Ishan added and the barista walked away to prepare their order. At Shubman's questioning gaze, he explained, "The ones here usually contain nuts and you're allergic so," He said, not meeting the man's eyes.

"You remember?" Shubman asked, his voice so soft that Ishan felt his heart fluttering in his chest.

"How could I ever forget?" The words slipped out of Ishan's lips even before he could think about it.

They stood in silence for a while as they waited for their order before Shubman asked, "Do you come here often? You seem to know alot about this place."

"Yeah, this is close to our office so we do visit this place quite often." Ishan replied.

"We? With Charlotte?" Shubman asked.

Ishan looked at him, a little confused to find his face void of any emotions, "Yeah, sometimes." He said.

"Oh," Shubman mumbled, as he took one of the food trays the barista had just arrived with and left towards their table. Ishan stared at his retreating figure, he felt something strange with the man's tone but just shrugged it off, not wanting to overthink anymore. He took the other tray and went towards the table as well.

"So, what did you guys decide?" Ishan asked, taking a sip from his coffee.

"We kinda liked five to four venues and now, we would like to go see them once and then decide." Karan replied and Ishan hummed.

"So, I'll go with Riya and Karan and you can go with Shubman, I already messaged you the locations." Charlotte told Ishan.

Ishan glanced at Shubman, a little surprised who also had the same expression on his face.