Falling into Place ~ 11

The group splits in different direction, searching for Nithya. After 10 minutes of vigorous searching, Shreya finds her sitting in the basketball court. It was situated the furthest from the main campus, making it difficult to find Nithya. Shreya send a quick text to the others before jogging to Nithya.

"Unakku yenna dhan di problem? Yen ipdi yaarukum sollama thaniya okandhiraka?", Shreya glares at her friend.

[What is your problem? Why are you sitting here all alone,, without informing anyone?]

Her glare, however, melts away into concern, when Nithya lifts her head up to look at Shreya with teary, red rimmed eyes. She looked devastated.

"Yenna di achu?", Shreya panics as she kneels next to Nithya.

[What happened?]

Nithya looks at her friend for a beat before throwing herself at Shreya and hugging her. Shreya hugs her back immediately, rubbing Nithya's back to calm her hysterical crying.

"Yennaku a-avan v-venam. N-na inimel avan k-kuda pesave m-maten.", Nithya hiccups through her tears.

[I don't want him anymore. I will stop talking to him from now on.]

"Avan yenna panan?", Shreya asks.

[Why, what did he do?]

"A-avan yepdi a-apdi s-sollalam.", Nithya continues rambling, making Shreya sigh and hold her friend.

[Why would he say something like that about me?]

"N-na poi avana n-nallavan nu nenachiten.", Nithya exclaims, pulling back from the hug and glaring at the ground.

[I seriously thought he was a good guy.]

"Seri, ne avan kitta pesa vendam. Ana yen kitta pesu. Tell me what happened.", Shreya orders, making Nithya sigh and narrate the story.

[Ok fine, you don't talk to him. But please talk to me. Tell me what happened.]

Shreya frowned as she thought about Gautham's words.

"Avan kandippa unna pathi dhan sonnana?", Shreya asks, as she realizes some misunderstanding might have happened.

[Are you sure he meant you in that conversation?]

"Pinna vera yaaru? na dhana avan kuda pessimal irruken.", Nithya pouts.

[Who else could he have meant?]

"I think it would be better if you go and talk to him about this.", Shreya advises.

"Nee yen friend ah avan friend ah?", Nithya glares at Shreya, slapping her arm.

[Are you my friend or his friend?]

"Amma thaiya. Konjam sense oda pesuna, porukadhe.", Shreya retorts, rubbing her stinging arm.

[Oh my god, fine. I am the only with a little common sense here.]

"Yennaku pasikudhu.", Nithya says, getting up.

[I'm hungry.]

"Seri vandha thola. Sapda polam.", Shreya says, following her friend.

[Fine hurry the hell up. We'll go eat.]

"Ana", Nithya hesitates, stopping suddenly.

[But...]

"Ippo yenna di?", Shreya asks.

[Now, what happened?]

"Anga neraiya peru irrupanga.", Nithya mumbles, fidgeting, knowing they will be there too.