Falling into Place ~ 7

"Hi baby, exam yepdi ezhuduna?", Deepti asks as she meets Gautham outside the exam hall.

[Hi baby, did you write the exam well?]

"Hmm, superah pochu. All thanks to Vishnu's important questions.", Gautham grins. Their conversation is cut short when they notice Nithya and Vishnu walk out of their exam room as they converse excitedly. Gautham frowns, as Nithya smiles happily wrapping her arms around Vishnu and jumping excitedly.

[Hmm, I wrote it pretty well. All thanks to Vishnu's important questions.]

On the other hand, Nithya grins in happiness as she says, "Dei, na sonnale. Na padicha important questions lam vandhuruku. Appo kandippa avano nalla dhan ezhudirupan."

[Didn't I tell you already? All the important question we studied came in the exam. That means Gautham would have done well too, huh.]

Vishnu shakes his head at her happiness, "Nee yen di avana pathi ivlo yosikira? Think about yourself. How did you write the exam?"

[Why do you care so much about him?Think about yourself. How did you write the exam.]

"Yennaku yenna, na topper uh. Ama yenna solriye, nee mattum yen Shreya baby pathi yosikila?", Nithya smirks as she raises her eyebrows teasingly.

[I'm a topper, of course I wrote well dude. Oh yeah I forgot to ask. So you aren't thinking about Shreya all these days.]

Vishnu glares at her controlling his blush, "Adhalam onnum illa. Summa yedhadhu solladha."

[There's nothing like that happening between us. Don't blabber.]

"Hmm", Nithya hums continuing to look at him suspiciously.

"Oh Pooja Rashmi, how was the exam?", Vishnu ignores Nithya greeting the other girls.

"It was good", Rashmi replied simply, while Pooja turned to Nithya to ask some doubt in the question paper.

Vishnu searches the common area, wondering where Shreya was.

"She didn't finish writing the exam yet.", Rashmi answers quietly, giving him a knowing look. Vishnu smiles gratefully at the fact that she is being quiet about it.

"Va da canteen polam", Nithya calls him.

[Come on, lets go to the canteen.]

"Neenga ponga, na varen.", Vishnu says, not wanting to leave Shreya alone. He sighs thankfully when Nithya only gives him a teasing smile before walking away with Pooja and Rashmi.

[You guys carry on, Ill join you soon.]

Vishnu brightens when he sees Shreya walk out of her exam room and he speed-walks in her direction.

"Dei nee innun polaiya?", Shreya asks him, surprised.

[Hey, you didn't leave yet?]

"Nope, unakku dhan waiting. Thaniya lam vittutu poga mudiyathu. Va", Vishnu says casually, making Shreya's eyes widen as she flushes. However, Vishnu remains oblivious as he drags her towards the canteen.

[Nope, I was waiting for you. I cannot leave you alone now, can I. Come on.]

***

After lunch, Pooja, Rashmi and Shreya head up to the hostel rooms to catch some sleep before they begin preparing for the next test which was a day away.

"Here you go", Nithya says handing over two candies to Vishnu who grins in understanding.

"Avan exam ah nalla ezhudirupan, so oru giftuh.", Nithya explains.