Falling into Place ~ 10

Nithya remains a happy girl, until she steps back into the college campus and the memories flood back into her mind. However a smile adorns her lips when she spots Vishnu, Shreya, Pooja and Rashmi at the campus gate.

"Heyyyyyy", Nithya bounds over to them, before hugging each of them.

"How are you?", Vishnu asks her pointedly, making her sigh and nod slightly.

Pooja, Shreya and Rashmi walk ahead wheeling Nithya's suitcase, while Vishnu and Nithya hang back.

"Ippo yenna panadha irruke?", questions Vishnu, his forehead contorting into a frown.

[What is your plan now?]

"I'll stay away from both of them. That's all. Idha pathi pesave venam. Podhuma?", Nithya asks frustration seeping into her voice.

[I'll stay away from both of them. That's all. Don't bring up this topic again. Enough?]

Vishnu nods in approval grinning, "Indha plan ok."

[I'm fine with plan.]

Nithya laughs surprised before poking her tongue out at him and jogging forward to catch up with her friends. Vishnu smiles fondly at the group in front before following them.

***

Gautham glared at Nithya who sat on the other side of the table, away from him and Deepti. Too far away for his liking. Deepti insisted on tagging along everywhere he went nowadays, and it annoyed him to pieces. And to make matters worse, Nithya was ignoring him. She treated him as if she could see right through him and he did not understand what was wrong.

As all of them got up from the table to leave, Gautham surreptitiously stayed back so he was close to Nithya.

"Na yethavuthu thappu panena?", Gautham asks, wishing to hold her wrist and pull her to face him, but he settled with simply asking her.

[Did I do something wrong?]

"Illa.", Nithya says, her fist clenching to control herself from saying anything more.

[No.]

"Nejamava?", Gautham asks with raised eyebrows, not believing her for one second.

[Really?]

"Ama", Nithya says.

[Yes.]

Deepti turns a full 360 degree before she spots Gautham talking to Nithya. She hurries to him before plastering herself to his side and sliding her hand around his arm. Nithya 's sharp inhale of breath is heard only by Gautham and before he could say anything she walks off, joining the group in front.

"Deepti Konjam pesanum.", Gautham states shaking her hand off of his arm.

[Deepti, I have to talk to you.]

Deepti dreaded his tone but nodded begrudgingly.

Nithya turns around once to see that both Gautham and Deepti have disappeared. Maybe its for her good, she thought turning away.

Before bidding bye Nithya slips two candies into Vishnu's hand. She thought he would scold her, but she was surprised when he quietly accepted them with a nod and walked off.

***

"Indha pudi", Vishnu grumbles pressing one of the candies into Gautham's palms.

[Here you go.]

Gautham looks down at the candy before his face lights up in happiness, "Thanks da machan."

Vishnu's eyes widen in shock at his friend's reaction and he's forced to acknowledge the fact that Gautham actually likes Nithya a lot. His friend was just in denial. Stupid, stupid guy.