Chapter 23: Everlasting true bonds

Start from the beginning

"Since childhood, I've envisioned tending to my partner's hair one day," Seungcheol confessed softly, completing the braid as Jeonghan turned to look at him.

Jeonghan's heart swelled with emotion, his hand growing clammy, his throat tightening. Seungcheol's sincerity always touched him deeply.

"The gods have bestowed upon me the most exquisite beauty," Seungcheol declared, cupping Jeonghan's face and planting a tender kiss on his lips, leaving Jeonghan momentarily stunned before he pulled away, rising to his feet.

"You never cease to amaze me," Jeonghan whispered, overwhelmed by the depth of Seungcheol's love and devotion.

"You flatter me," Jeonghan replied, a soft smile gracing his lips as he looked into Seungcheol's eyes. "But it's true," Seungcheol insisted, his gaze filled with adoration.

As Jeonghan stood before him, Seungcheol rose from the couch, his hand reaching out to intertwine with Jeonghan's. "Shall we continue getting ready?" Seungcheol suggested, his voice warm and inviting.

Jeonghan nodded, a sense of anticipation filling the air as they prepared for the royal affair ahead. Side by side, they moved with an effortless synchronicity, each gesture and exchange infused with an unspoken understanding and affection that bound them together.

Throughout the preparations, their laughter echoed in the chamber, a melody of joy that danced between them, reaffirming the deep connection they shared. And as they stepped out into the grand hall, hand in hand, their hearts beat as one, united in love and devotion.

Jeonghan's heart swelled with pride as he caught sight of Jisoo standing regally at the palace gate, resplendent in attire reminiscent of his own. A crown adorned Jisoo's head, adding to his majestic presence as he stood flanked by the palace guards.

"My goodness," Jisoo whispered, his hand coming to rest on Jeonghan's shoulder, his expression filled with admiration. "May he shield you from all malevolent gazes," Jisoo murmured, his fingers tenderly smoothing Jeonghan's hair before placing a gentle kiss atop his head.

Seungcheol's presence interrupted the tender moment, and Jisoo discreetly pulled away, a subtle roll of his eyes not escaping Jeonghan's notice. Suppressing a chuckle, Jeonghan joined Seungcheol as they made their way towards the gate, the anticipation palpable in the air.

As they approached the gathered crowd, Seungcheol's voice rang out with authority and warmth, addressing his subjects with a speech that stirred hearts and inspired hope. His words were a promise of prosperity and unity, a vision of a brighter future under his reign.

My sincere apologies for the oversight. Here's Seungcheol's speech about the first crop rain festival:

"My esteemed subjects," Seungcheol began, his voice resonating with authority as he addressed the gathered crowd. "Today, we come together to celebrate a momentous occasion—the first crop rain festival of our kingdom."

"As we stand here amidst the bountiful fields and fertile lands, let us pause to reflect on the significance of this day," Seungcheol continued, his words carrying a sense of reverence for the agricultural traditions that sustained their kingdom.

"For generations, our ancestors have toiled the earth, their labor yielding the sustenance that nourishes our people," Seungcheol proclaimed, his gaze sweeping over the assembled farmers and villagers with pride and gratitude. "And today, we gather to honor their legacy and give thanks for the blessings bestowed upon us."

"As we rejoice in the abundance of this year's harvest, let us not forget the hardships endured and the sacrifices made," Seungcheol urged, his voice filled with empathy for those who had faced adversity in their pursuit of livelihood. "But let us also find solace in the knowledge that through resilience and perseverance, we have emerged stronger than before."