fever

y/ns pov

"baby", i heard as i opened my eyes for the 4th time tonight. i glanced at the clock before rolling over to cuddle billie in my arms. 

"whats up my love", i croaked out, as i had just woken up. heat radiated off her body as i held her, and i instantly knew she had a temperature. 

"im not good", she said as she began shivering. my heart dropped into my stomach. she was not the type of person to ask for help especially when she was sick, let alone openly admit that she wasnt doing well. 

"oh baby, what is it thats wrong? how can i help my love?", i said as i sat up in bed against the pillows and stroked the long dark brown hair out of her face. 

" i really really dont feel good at all. i feel like i have a fever and my throat and my chest hurt so bad. and my stomach hurts to", she said as she rolled over in bed to face me. 

"alright lovey, what do you wanna do? should i get you some medicine and we can try and go back to sleep or do we need to go to urgent care?", i said. 

tears slowly fell down her cheeks as she buried herself in the doona, leaving only her head out to stare up at me. my hand still lay stroking her burning hot forehead, as she cried. 

"i dont know. i dont think im gonna sleep anymore, but i dont know how bad it is. i feel like im dying, but i cant tell if im being dramatic". she said as her cries intensified. 

she then broke out into a coughing fit, which did not sound good. her cough was loud and raspy and full of phlegm. whatever she had was really really bad. she kept coughing and coughing and she couldnt stop, not even to speak. 

"alright my love i really dont think your being dramatic, lets go to the bathroom yeah?", i said, and she nodded in response, now losing breath from how much she was coughing. 

i walked to her side of the bed and tried to get her to stand up, but she was so weak that when she tried to stand she just fell back on the bed. i had never in my life seen billie this sick before, and my heart ached for her. 

i picked her up off the bed, and carried her across into our ensuite and sat her on the toilet. she kept coughing and coughing until eventually she was so out of breath that she started gagging. 

"let it out baby, im so sorry", i said as my eyes filled with tears. it made me so upset to see her in so much pain. 

eventually she was toppled over the toilet, as she threw up the phlegm in her throat, finally catching her breath. the coughing finally stopped, and more tears flowed as she lay her head against the toilet seat. 

"not that you can really move, but stay right here and im gonna go get some water, medicine and the thermometer. then were gonna go straight to urgent care okay?", i said. 

"i swear im fine, im probably just being dramatic y/n", she groaned, as she shivered once again. 

"baby you just threw up from coughing so much your really really sick, love. i dont care what you say were going to urgent care.", i said again with pain in my voice. i was so hurt seeing billie in so much pain, but it was also terrifying that she was downplaying her illness, when she was clearly not okay at all. 

billies pov

i laid my head against the toilet seat as it throbbed against my arm. my whole body felt like knives were stabbing every inch, and my chest felt like a fire had just been lit inside it. 

i had never really been the type to complain when im sick, and so i felt guilty to admit that what i had was serious. it had always been a thing for me that i felt like i was never sick enough when i was sick. im not sure why. 

but when y/n mentioned urgent care the worry grew. why would they care if i just had the flu? i didnt know how to feel, but i had no energy left in me to sleep, no energy left to walk, no energy left to think, no energy left at all. 

i was basically a shell at this point, with my weak shivering body huddled over the toilet, as my head lay against my pale arm. 

y/n returned to the bathroom with an arrangement of items. first she handed me my water bottle, and two white pills. i didnt even hesitate to take them, without even asking what they were, as she wrapped me up in a big fluffy blanket. then she pulled my head away from the toilet lid, and held it up for me as she took my temperature. 

"103. oh shit baby we need to go right now", she whispered, as she scooped me up in her arms. 

"youll be okay i promise your gonna be okay", she added as she carried me into the garage and placed me in the front seat of one of my cars. she did up my seat belt, and turned on the heated seat, before returning to the house to turn off all the lights and lock the doors. 

__

it felt like we were there in no time, and as soon as we checked in the doctor called our name. mostly likely because it was 4am, but also obviously because i was, well..me. 

"billie whats going on tonight", he said to me, after i had sat down on the bed in the small exam room, and y/n sat on a chair next to me. i looked to y/n nervously, not knowing if i even had a voice by now. 

the thick blanket was still wrapped tightly around me, as my hood covered my dark brown hair. my eyes were stained red from crying, and my skin was covered in sweat by my nauseating fever. my head, stomach, throat AND chest were throbbing, and i wondered when this would end. 

y/n explained to the doctor how i was feeling, and what had happened during the night, almost like she could read my mind. 

than the doctor admitted me into the overnight ward that was down another corridor, and ran some tests on me. 

by 6am, we were told i had pneumonia, and would be staying here for a couple more nights. my cough wouldnt go away for at least 6 weeks, but because of how fit i was it wouldnt take long for me to recover. 

they hooked me up to an IV bag because i was so dehydrated that i had lost all my energy and could hardly walk, as well as a few other lines in my arm that gave me constant anti-biotics and pain relief. 

y/n hugged me in the hospital bed, as tears rolled down my face after hearing the news. i should probably tell my mom. i hope she wont be worried. and the tour, what will happen with that? and my new album (HMHAS 😉), how can i do promos if im sick? will y/n get sick too? we left shark at home by himself, i hope he doesnt cause chaos. and the-

"baby", y/n said, pulling me from my thoughts. she stared at up at me, with her arms wrapped around my waist.

"stop thinking so much. just try to sleep", she said, as she nuzzled her head into my chest. and with that i closed my eyes and we fell asleep in eachothers arms. 

________________________________

idek if i like this or not but ig here you go x

vottteeee plzzz ily