Acting With V

"This... ...What is this?"

"Ramen."

"Why is it so salty?"

"It's killing my throat."

I was with a sleeping Suga, V, and Jin in the lounge during our day off. The rest of the members were out of the house shopping for clothes. Us, the self proclaimed "Lazy Squad", wanted to stay home instead.

V, one of middle children of BTS, wanted to impress Jin with a dish he prepared. It was just instant ramen, but the way Jin made it tasted better for some reason. He claims he makes it normal, but no one else can make it like he does. I guess Taehyung wanted to try his hand at cooking...

"I guess this is what you call 'V Styled Noodles ", Jin heavily judged.

V didn't seem to understand what was wrong with his dish. He was already halfway finished with his bowl of salty ramen. "It's no good?"

"Yes", the eldest member responded with no hesitation.

V sighed with a disappointed pout. I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for him.

"It's not that it's bad", I added to sugar coat Jin's harshness. " It's just that it's saltier than what we're used to."

"Just please leave the cooking to me", Jin ordered.

V scratched his hair with down casted brown orbs. "Sorry, I just wanted to make something for you since you're always cooking for everyone."

Getting up from his seat, Jin gave a heavy sigh. "If you like, we can cook a meal together next time."

"Really?!"

Jin smiled at his excitement. "Yeah, sure."

"Thanks!"

When Jin left to clean up Taehyung's mistake, the excited look in V's brown eyes never faded. It was cute how he was always so expressive. Though everyone knew how great of an actor he was, he was always his same weird self when with BTS.

"________?"

"Yeah?"

"Wanna play a game?"

The sudden question surprised me. "Sure. What kind of game?"

"An acting game. I really wanna act something out."

I didn't consider myself a decent actress, but I was just as bored as he was. I haven't acted since I got out if high school. It's probably unprofessional for me to say this, but acting with V is kinda like a roleplay, isn't it?

"Okay, how do you play?"

V went into his pockets and pulled out a deck of acting cards. "We randomly chose a scenario and we act it out for five minutes and then switch."

"You keep those with you all the time?"

He laughed. "Sometimes, just in case. Makes chores more fun if you're someone else."

"So there's no script?"

"Nope. It's all improv."

I inhaled a large breath preparing myself for what I was about to get into. V shuffled the deck and placed the cards face down in front of me. Letting me have the first pick, I chose a card from the pile and flipped it over. On it, it said:

[Person A and Person B are childhood friends. Person A secretly likes Person B. Person B stops by to help Person A study]

My eyes widened. My heart pounded and I could already feel my hands getting sweaty. I looked at V who seemed indifferent towards it. Taking out his cellphone, he set the game for five minutes.

"_______, you ready?"

No, not really.

"Yeah, start the timer."

Instantly V became another person. His demeanor seemed more tense and his eyes didn't look towards me. As I sat down on the carpet next to the coffee table, I saw him pull some of Jungkook's school books from the bookshelf. I guessed these were props.

He walked towards me with a text book and notepad in hand. The expression he wore was of slight frustration. "I'm worried about the test."

Playing along I responded. "Don't be! It's a month away. I'm not gonna let you fail on me. Besides, I'm good at errm..." I glanced at the textbook "....trigonometry."

What a lie that was. Trig was my worst subject.

I took the text book and began flipping through the pages to see if I remembered anything. Nothing really clicked, so I turned to a random chapter - logarithms.

Ahh fuck....

"Okay so lets start--" I looked up at V who was staring at the table with a blank expression. I waved my hand in front of him to snap him out of it. He apologized and told me to continue.

"V", I figured we'd just act using our names. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah." He hung his head low and ran a hand through his colored strands. "I guess I've just been distracted."

"By what?" I was curious as to where he was going with this. "Cellphone? Friends? Or is there something on your mind?"

There was a pause and then he looked at me; his lips slightly parted, and glossy brown pools of apathy. "Yeah..."

"Wanna talk about it?"

"If I tell you, you promise you won't get mad?"

"Even if I did, I couldnt stay mad at you."

Then another pause....

His slender fingers reached over to mine, testing the water. Surprised, I looked up to him trying not to smile from embarrassment.

"V...?"

He leaned his head over towards me, slowly. His eyes began to close. My heart beat fast. I didn't know whether I was supposed to play along or stop him, so I just stood there frozen. His lips moved towards my neck and my body tensed as he ---

"I forgot to eat something", he groaned as his head fell to my shoulder lethargically. My surprise escaped through a loud snort, laughing off the nerves this boy put me through.

The timer went off, bringing Taehyung back to his normal self. All giggles and smiles, he grabbed his phone before sitting next to me again.

"I had a feeling you were a good actor."

"Me?", I pointed to my self in a gasp. " Oh no, you are the true Johnny Depp of BTS, V. I bow to your skills."

I kneeled before him in a tease, winning an embarrassed smile from him. "Do you want to play again?"

"Yeah, sure!"

As V shuffled the deck again, Jin came back into the lounge with a skeptic look on his face. In his hand was a bowl of strawberries and whipped cream. Me and V stared at our elder with hungry looks on our faces.

"What's gotten into you two?"

"Oh just playing a game.... And hungry in the process."

~Fin~