36:

-two days later
Mariah

"What the hell you mean you can't find him?" I asked Dorian's workers

It's been two days since Dorian's been missing. His crew has been on searching all up and down Atlanta for him but don't even have an idea of where he might be.
I haven't reported him missing to the police because it's honestly a waste of time. What's the police going to do that we can't?

"We done looked everywhere." One of them answered

"Look again nigga!" I shouted "Check every nook and fuckin' cranny possible and don't come back in my face unless you bringing Dorian in here wit' you. Alive and well."

"Y'all heard her. Go!" Tim stood up

The crew got up and departed the room.

"Fuck" I sighed, resting my elbows on the table

"We gone find him Ry." Tim assured

"Yeah but what if..." My voice cracked as tears filled my eyes "What if he not alive by then? What if he somewhere bleeding out or somethin'? What if-"

"You can't think like that. You know Dorian a fighter, he gone be ok."

I nodded and wiped my face, sniffling "Whoever took him had to have already been in the building. Security was wall to wall, they don't play 'dat shit."

"I'm finna' go meet the owner of the venue, he gone give me the building video footage from that night." He said

"Ok..." I leaned back in the chair

Tim cleared his throat "Listen Mariah, I apologize. If I woulda' been more alert that night he wouldn't even be missing."

"It's cool. You didn't know something like this would happen." I stared at the ceiling, lost in my thoughts

Tim's never given Dorian or me a reason not to trust him. He's always been willing to put his life on the line for us with no hesitation so I know he's feeling guilty about not watching Dorian's back that night.

"Hey, what's the word?" Smitty entered the office

"Nothin' yet." Tim answered

Smitty shook his head in disappointment "How you holdin' up?" He asked me

I slightly scoffed, not knowing how to answer that. I don't even know how I'm functioning right now. It feels like my world is crashing down.

"Everything gone be ok." Smitty put his hand on my shoulder

"I wish everybody would stop sayin' 'dat shit!" I became irritated "I'll know everything's ok when my husband walks through that door."

"And he will."

"When?! He been missing for two days!"

"Listen, I'll get some of my connects to see if they heard anything. We all here to help darling."

I took a deep breath "My bad for snappin'."

"It's perfectly fine. I know you must feel like you goin' crazy."

"Crazy ain't the word." I stood up, grabbing my purse and keys "I'm gonna' go be with my child."

I need a sense of peace and being in Dorian's warehouse without him definitely isn't bringing me any.

"The guy just text me 'bout the footage. I'ma go get that and bring it pass." Tim said

"Ok. I appreciate y'all helping." I said as we all headed out the office

"Of course darling." Smitty said

"You know I don't mind. Dorian my brother." Tim said

I locked up the warehouse, making sure the security system was secure and we all got in our cars and went separate ways.

"Dorian, where are you?" I asked aloud as I drove home

Dorian

"You know they don't suspect a thing?" He laughed as he walked up to me

I stayed quiet, clenching my jaw. My arms and wrists were tingling from being chained too tight, I could barely see out of one eye, and the stab wound on my side was making it harder to breathe. But I can't give up, I gotta' make it back to my family.

"I mean they doin' all they can to find you. Tim even got video footage from the venue but I'm not worried, I got a guy to cut the tape"

"Why you doin' 'dis man?" I squinted

"I want my empire back." He stated

"I told you you can have it! Just let me go."

"Oh that's definitely not happening. See, you killed my only child...I gotta' get my revenge first."

"You said you ain't care 'bout me killin' Isaiah." I looked at him in confusion

"And you were dumb enough to believe that? Even though Isaiah and I had our differences he was still my son. How'd you feel if I killed your only child?" He smirked

"Touch her and I'll kill you." I gritted

"See? You would kill me. If you could, but you can't." His smirk tainted me

"Once I get out these chains I bet you won't be smirking bitch." I gritted

"Is that a threat?" He looked surprised

"I don't make those."

He chuckled before taking his cane and pushing it into my stab wound. I winced, trying not to show any signs of weakness.

"After I kill you and take my empire back, I plan on comforting Mariah real well. Have her as my lil' side bitch, maybe help keep me young."

I used all my strength to try and charge at him but the chains held me still.

"Sleep well son. I'll see you tomorrow." He chuckled

"Fuck" I groaned in agony

I gotta' find a way to get out of here and soon.

Happy Mother's Day y'all 💕 to your mothers, to future mothers, to those who would've been mothers, to mothers  who aren't biological mothers, to mothers in heaven.

Since I've become a mom, I personally feel like we should be celebrated everyday, and we are. We're celebrated by the little humans who call us "mommy".

-Carlisha ❤️