Chapter 8: Dating Gweneth Apuli

Start from the beginning

"Sorry for that. They're always this chaotic. Don't worry, I'll tell them to behave nalang." I apologized to her nang masolo ko siya because my friends are already eating. 

"Behave? Ano ka, nakikipag-usap sa aso?" she laughs. "No, let them be. I want to get to know them too." she added. 

I gently nodded my head and pulled a chair for her. Ako na rin ang naghanda ng pagkain niya. I slapped at Mikha's hands when she was about to get the milk that I prepared for Gwen. She smiled sheepishly and mouthed 'sorry'. 

In the middle of eating breakfast, I saw Colet purposely hit Gwen's elbow using hers. "Gwen, sabihin mo na ..." she whispered. 

I pretended that I didn't hear anything at tinuloy ang pagkain ko while the four of them are exchanging knowing looks. Ano na naman kayang pakulo ito? 

Gwen faked a cough. "Hmmm.. Shee?" she asked. I immediately turned to her at medyo napabilis ata ang paglingon ko. She's an inch closer to me. 

Kaunting push lang ay mahahalikan ko na siya. Ang hihina ng mga best friend ko, bakit hindi nila maisip na itulak ako? 

"Magsasalita ba kayo o magtititigan nalang?" I was caught off guard when I heart Maloi said that. 

"Uh, Shee, sorry. Kasi ... your friends were teasing us and they ask me if I can convince you to judge for a dance competition in your subdivision." she said. 

I knew it! They were forcing me to say yes last week but they didn't convince me. Kaya pala andito sila ng ganito kaaga para kausapin si Gwen. 

I stopped for a few seconds. 

"I have a lot of things to do." I replied. 

I saw disappointed look from my friends while Gwen just nodded her head. She smiled at me but I looked away.