Prologue

AUTHORS NOTE: thank you so much for checking out this book that I might make into a series! If you enjoyed this book go check out my other books on Wattpad and last but not least enjoy the prologue!!

Alyssa Claire had a wonderful yet difficult life filled with challenges and struggles as a Hispanic immigrant that had to learn how to overcome obstacles and she never expected for the life she had to end so quickly before her very eyes. It was her sister's 15th birthday when she went out to go get a gift for her and committed a crime to do so while also being abducted by a species of the night that burns in the sunlight. Due to the changing of events she was unable to give her sister the gift that she bought. She never thought that vampires existed. She also thought that they were only myths that are put in stories for kids to read when they're young until it became a reality and she met a vampire by the name of Romelius Crimson. She was unable to fall in love with him but he did way too early. She had feelings for his younger brother Nicodemus Crimson who was a hybrid vampire (half vampire half werewolf). She questioned how she had stayed alive for this long knowing that she had almost died like 5 million times and wondered when she was going to die and by the likes of who. She had tried to escape multiple times but failed to do so until she figured out why she wouldn't/couldn't. She knew that she'd be nothing if she left the village back to her home because what she had before she was abducted died. She knew that she couldn't get any of it back and accepted her fate as it was. She had to choose between dating Nicodemus or Romelius. But it broke her heart everytime because she didn't want to hurt any of them with the choice she would choose. It wasn't very surprising that she'd bump into vampires, she had plenty of vampires In her bloodline that have either died or are still alive somewhere. But she never knew because her mother never spoke about her bloodline.

HERES A LITTLE INFORMATION ON WHY I CHOOSE TO BASE THIS BOOK ON COLD SPRING: Cold Spring is an actual place in New York City or New York that isn't overpopulated but very well known for its beautiful views and item shops. (I thought it would be the perfect place because of the less crowds and many stores)