𝟏𝟓

"Hey, guys

"Hey, guys. So, like, my dad's already gonna kill me." Pope said as he sat at the bonfire they had made in the middle of some trees next to the water. "So, what's the mandatory meeting about?"

John B looked over at JJ who was sitting next to Gwen.

"Might as well tell him, man, before we're gaffed." He said as he burnt a fallen tree branch he had found.

"You ready for this?" John B was killing the other teens with anticipation. "So...the gold never went down with the Royal Merchant."

"Oh, my God. Here we go again with this." Pope protested visibly tired of the topic.

"No. All right, wait. Hear him out, all right?" JJ asked.

"It's been here the whole time. It's on the island."

"Are you serious? Oh my God." Kie was astonished and smiling big.

"I'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope stated.

"I'm sure you would, Pope, but can I please present you with my evidence, sir?" John B asked in a really fancy way.

"Proceed."

"All right. So, in my backpack I have a letter from Denmark Tanny." John B took out a piece of paper and showed it to his friends.

"Who the hell is that?" Kie asked.

"He was a free man!" Gwen answered and she was still a little whoopy from the alcohol in her blood.

"Yes, Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck." John B explained as he opened the paper that contained a letter.

"What?" Kie was looking at the paper very confused.

"Yeah, he used the Merchant's treasure to buy his own freedom and to buy more slaves so he could free them." Gwen was talking and everyone was just staring at her in disbelief.

"Also yeah, Gwen, how do you know that?" John B asked.

"Oh, my brother was obsessed with the Royal Merchant and other treasures and places like Atlantis, the catacombs in Paris." She said it like it was nothing and Pope couldn't believe her.