𝟎𝟖

Gwen woke up that morning as sun shined through her window right on her face

Gwen woke up that morning as sun shined through her window right on her face. She sat down on her bed and rubbed her eyes. Her face was all puffy because after she took a shower last night, she cried for an hour before falling asleep. The pitiful look on JJ's face was stuck in her brain. She crisscrossed her legs still covered in her white puffy duvet.

She started to think, how on earth could she possibly tell Rafe that she wanted to break up? Their anniversary was a few days away, it would be heartless to do it right before or right after and during that day was completely out of the question. But there was also another question, how could she resist to JJ while she looked for the right moment to break up with Rafe?

It crushed her to think that the sweet boy that Rafe was not so long ago was almost completely gone. When did things started to go so south? It was so conflicted because she wanted to leave him but at the same time she knew that she would lose him forever. Because before they started dating, they were friends.
Rafe Cameron was a person that had good days, bad days, and really bad days. Gwen knew that he was having some trouble with his dad, but he would never talk about it, and he would get mad if she insisted.

Up until one point, they were the same. Gwen had this other person in her brain trying to get a hold of her and so did Rafe. The difference is, Gwen had an angsty teenager banging on the door to get out, and Rafe had a demon that was eating him from the inside out.

She finally got up from her bed and walked over to the bathroom to wash her teeth and use the restroom. She picked up her outfit for the day, a little ruffled top with a floral print and some low-waisted jean shorts. She laced up her low converse and sat on her vanity to brush her hair. She decided to tie it on a pony with the shorter pieces on the front loose, as the final touch, she picked out a navy ribbon and tied it on top of the hair tie. As she adjusted it, her bedroom door opened.

Rafe was stepping into her room with his sunglasses laying on the bridge of his nose and his hands on his front pockets.

"Good morning." He smiled as he bent down to kiss her lips.

"Look at you all smiley." She said as she pulled away.

"I just wanted to see you." He took her hands into his and helped her up from her seat. "We haven't spent much time together lately and I miss you." He gave her another kiss, this time much longer and steamy.