𝟎𝟒

The next morning, they all went over to the Château to check up on John B and see how he was holding up after almost drowning

The next morning, they all went over to the Château to check up on John B and see how he was holding up after almost drowning. Gwen arrived last in her Fiat 500, she was held up by Rafe and it had become a routine for him to ask where she was going and who she was with. She had already parked the car next to John B's van, but she took her time to calm her breathing and go back to the Gwen everyone knew. After ten minutes she got out and walked towards her new friends that were sitting outside.

"Hey! What was the emergency?" she asked while sitting next to Kie.

"What took you so long?" JJ asked.

"I had to take care of something." She answered but he didn't completely believe her.

John B got closer and started talking.

"Look, I'm calling it off. All right?" He spoke. "Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh, she'll help me with DCS."

"And you believed her?" JJ asked as if his friend were joking.

"Yes I believe her, JJ."

"An actual cop, John B. You believed a cop." JJ got up from his chair in exasperation.

"All I gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple of days, and she'll help me out." He explained and threw a beer bottle to a trash can. "And it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun."

"Yeah, Shoupe knocked on my door this morning asking me if I knew who it was." Gwen said looking at JJ and he panicked.

"What did you say?" he asked getting closer.

"I lied JJ, I lied to a cop, for you and your dumb ideas." She replied pointing at him.

"You know what I should have done, man? I should've just let Topper drown your ass."

"Yeah, cause Topper was gonna drown me." John b said sarcastically.

"Sure looked like it. I mean, have you looked in the mirror recently?" JJ started to walk towards John B.

"I mean you did pass out on the water, so..." Gwen pointed out a fact.

"Whose side are you on?" John B looked at her and JJ.