𝟎𝟔

They were all riding on John B's van in search of 'Redfield', the exact meaning of the word written inside of Big John's compass was still unclear

They were all riding on John B's van in search of 'Redfield', the exact meaning of the word written inside of Big John's compass was still unclear. The Twinkie, as they called the van, was old and rusty. Nothing like Gwen's car she had gotten a year ago for her 16th birthday, which was still brand new and was always taken care of.

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B was driving as he spoke. "A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?" At this point, everyone was just trying to keep up with his crazy theories as long as he was happy.

"Yeah. It's possible." Kie was seating on the passenger's seat with her body facing John B.

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." He had a point, it was hard to believe that a family heirloom could make its way back to John B, out of all people. But there they were, on the Twinkie, doing as John B demanded.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels? Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it." JJ said and Gwen scrunched her face trying to dismiss what he had just said.

"I'm not—I'm not concocting, okay? My dad's trying to give me a message." John B was in denial, and the best person to understand denial was Gwen.

"Look, let's just check it out. If we don't and it turns out that it was a message from John B's dad, we'll regret not doing anything about it." Gwen said and everyone just gave up and agreed. Plus, if they didn't do something John B would never shut up about it ever. Pope wasn't having it, though.

"Do I have to remind you that we almost got killed twice?" He asked Gwen who was sitting in front of him next to JJ.

"But we have the gun this time, right, JJ?" She asked for backup and received it.

"Nothing it's gonna happen, there's no way that they know about 'Redfield' if they haven't gotten a hold of the compass." He stated.

"Look, I—I don't need a therapy session, okay? Look, I'm not tripping out." He turned around to start looking at the road.