𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, we ought to give it a shot," Beard agreed, not wanting any more confrontation in the room already put there by the shorter man.

"Why change it now?" Roy mumbled, catching on, but also giving a hefty glare to the man on the other side of the room, not liking the subtle shove the man had given to the girl beside him.

From the small window in the corner, Higgins sped into the open window, giving a little shout of his input as well, "I agree!"

Ted smiled and moved over to the window to join him, all the while still rolling in his chair. "Did you kick her out of your office again?

"No, no. Temporary relocation while they change the carpet in there. It was absolutely covered in dog shit," Higgins explained.

"Mmm, I miss Kitty," Tallulah mumbled out, thinking back to the dog. She hoped the pup is happy in the home with Lisa, but god did she miss her so. Even with the memories of Kitty as a puppy going through potty training.

"Well, anybody else got anything they wanna talk about before we head out there?" Ted questioned, rolling back to his desk and facing the group.

"Um, this is just going to stay between the Diamond Dogs... right?" Tallulah looked around the room and seeing heads nod in agreement along with other murmurs of confirmation.

"Okay then..." She took a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves with inhalation, "I'm gonna tell Jamie about the offer. From the agent I mean, and depending on what he says, this might be my last Diamond Dogs meeting... for a while anyway. So, I just want to say, thank you and that I love you all so very much." She beamed. Positive outlook. She would tell him after the game.

"Well, I can easily say that we all love you very much too, Bambi, and that we're proud of how far you've come," Ted said, smiling all the while, and Roy squeezing her shoulder into a sort of side hug.

"Thank you, guys," There was a moment when she looked around, studying each and every one of their faces, even Nate's with his sour expression. She wanted this moment to last forever, to be with AFC Richmond and be happy that she was there and still love her job rather than just be bored with it. If she could reignite her passion for photography, she would. Tallulah would in a heartbeat. Alas, time's arrow marches on.

"I'm gonna go wish Jamie good luck. Goodbye, I'll see you all out there." Tallulah moved out of the room, pushing herself out of the office for what seemed like the last time. Instead, she made her way out and into the locker room, seeing anxious faces and bouncing legs about.

It was in the locker room where she met the green eyes of her beloved boyfriend. She would never describe Jamie as just her "boyfriend." He was so, so, so much more than that. He was the reason she woke up in the morning, went to sleep soundly at night.

Was she really about to tell him that she needed to leave him?

To chase her dreams? What if he was her dream?

The boy, unaware of what was currently swirling around in the girl's head, just sent her a small, anxiety-ridden smile. His face always seemed to wipe all thoughts from the girl's skull at once, probably from its sculpture-like features. Or the piercing green eyes that seeped into her soul, just like they were doing right now.

'Focus, you're here to wish him good luck,' her mind reminded Tallulah. Sending a small sheepish smile back, the ginger nodded her head in the direction of the door to the hallway, signaling for the man to follow her as she went out. The air was cold and nipped slightly at her skin despite being inside as she stepped out, seconds later being followed by Jamie.

He gave her a small kiss on the cheek as a greeting, Tallulah having her stomach do backflips as always when the boy did the action. She only lightly pushed him away as his kisses made their way to her lips. "I just came out here to say good luck, even though my amazing footballer doesn't need luck because his foot was kissed by god."

𝐂𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐎𝐟 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 ~ 𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐭On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara