𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗦𝗶𝘅

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Chapter Twenty Six

" Reynolds and Gosling? "

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

.  . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . 

Tallulah stood next to Jamie as the rest of the team went over the last game's horrific loss. She missed Roy. It's not like they always won with Roy, but he just brought back an energy for the team. He was Roy Kent. The team watched the screen as Jan Maas tried and failed to get the ball, letting the other team score.

"Jan Maas, that's shit defending," Isaac shouted, pointing an aggressive finger at the man.

"Yes, that goal was entirely my fault," the Dutchman agreed.

"I don't wanna hear it," Isaac's voice boomed. "We need to get our shit together!"

"Someone's grumpy..." She whispered into Jamie's ear, making him chuckle silently.

"Hey fellas and Bambi, of course," Ted paused the video, "Listen, I don't care what our record is, but I hear the chatter, people saying there's something wrong with us. Not the way I see it, okay? And here's why: I believe in communism."

"What?" Tallulah, along with many of the other players, questioned, letting out mumbles of confusion.

"Rom-communism, that is," Ted clarified.

Bumbercatch spoke up from his spot behind Tallulah, "What is rom-communism?"

"Well, Bumbercatch, it is a worldview that reminds us that romantic comedies with folks like Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, or, uh, Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant or-- Who am I missing, Coach?"

"Drew Barrymore?" Richard spoke up, opening up the floor.

"Matthew McConaughey, obviously."

"All right, all right. Yeah."

"The three Kates." Jamie pointed out as well, to which Tallulah gave him a confused look. Colin answered her knowingly.

"Yeah, Beckinsale, Hudson, Winslet."

"What about the two Ryans?" This time Tallulah was met with a confused look before Jamie met her eyes knowingly.

"Reynolds and Gosling?"

"Yeah, of course." The two spiraled into their own conversation.

"I don't know, don't really see them as rom-com actors, you know?" His Mancunian accent disputed.

"Yes, they are! Ryan Gosling, are you forgetting about La La Land?"

"Of course not, you know I love that movie, but what other romantic comedy was he in that you can name off the top of your head?"