10 • Dirty Little Secret 💌

10
Dirty Little Secret

"Oh MY god," Lola yells, holding her fresh lemonade in her hand as she sits facing you on the bench on this busy boardwalk, "you're fucken' lying."

Many heads turn in Lola's direction, and you desperately try to shush her.

You hate being the center of attention, especially being right smack in the middle of your town with everyone wandering about enjoying the last few days of summer.

Taking advantage of the open ice cream parlors, the hot sun, the cool nights, and the salty waves before everything closed up for the fall and the winter. "Shh!"

You widen your eyes, smiling at people walking past, because if there's something that travels fast it's quality information about you to your dad.

Lola is baffled, all words gone from her head, including logical thoughts, her mouth is open for so long you begin to worry, so lifting up her plastic lemonade cup, you force her to take a sip, watching as Lola tries to speak again but forgets to swallow so know she was choking.

"Lola! Swallow, jesus." you pat her back, trying to help her out in any way you could, at least she wasn't turning purple or anything, finally it seems she got all the lemonade out of her lungs when she screeches out...

"You FUCKED him?!" She echoes the evident reason you and Ari have been sneaking around and there's nothing judgemental or disappointing in Lola's grin, it's actually very triumphant, as if she were nothing less than proud of you.

Your cheeks heat up once more, at just the thought of last night, the way Ari touched you and his manly hands roamed your skin, his lips skimming over the most intimate parts of you, it was so bad—but it felt so fucking good.

"Actually I said I slept with him, but yeah, basically uh—yeah, I suppose that works too." You struggle to Lola's eyes, nervous to really look at her.

You weren't one to give out personal details of yourself, despite Lola always informing you about her past and current hook ups.

Including the time she let a guy she met at a bar almost open up her back door, yeah, that door.

But she chickened out, so they just hooked up normally. Regardless, you know a lot of intimate details and secrets of her—she's your best friend.

So of course she expects the same from you, "No, no, no, honey. Have you seen Ari? Like really seen him...well, now I fucking know you certainly have. But what I am saying is Ari isn't a guy who sleeps around. He's a menace, isn't he?"

Gulping, you finally meet her eyes, and you nod. She bursts out laughing, "I knew it! Oh I am so happy for you. You know what I always say, everyone deserves good food, good friends, and good sex. It's the holy trinity."

"Lola," you sigh, "no one can know about this okay? Ari and I agreed to keep it between us, for as long..." you stop there, you both never really established a timeline, what you do know is you don't want to stop seeing him, "...just don't saying anything, please. Sam will literally have a stroke if he ever found out."

Lola crosses her heart in front of you, "I promise, I won't say a thing to a soul." Then she grabs your hand, "how is he in bed? Rough? Kinky? Sweet? Patient?"

Now your cheeks were on fire, you trust Lola, you really do.

She may be a little crazy, a little talkative and even a little paranoid—but she's a great girl.

And a true friend, "he's all of that...and more." You whisper, afraid of one of your father's friends overhearing.

Just like Sam had his contacts or his 'ears' everywhere, so did your dad.