Chapter Eleven

Jalen pov

"You a dumb nigga foreal!" Aj says once I explain to him what just happened. I roll my eyes and lean further back into the couch.

"How you gone kiss the girl—-hell damn near fuck her in the locker room! Hugging all up on her in front of everyone then go back home and break her heart."

I sign feeling guilt run though my body. It wasn't my intention to break her heart or crush her spirit.

"You said it yourself your falling in love with her right?" I nod my head.

"Then why let her go?" He pauses and looks at me. Expecting an answer I guess.

"The team is suffering because I can't stop thinking about her. She means everything to me. But I didn't come to the NFL to get a girl. I came to win championships and thophies."

"But is all that worth it if you have no one to stand under the confetti with?" He says before getting up and walking away.

Leaving me alone to think about what he just said.

Imani pov

"Hello?" I hear a southern voice say. I sniffle a bit before trying to continue.

"Hey m-mya." I say with my voice shaking accidentally.

Mya is my brothers girlfriend. She and I have always always been close since they started dating. She just gets me.

I hear movement on her end meaning she's moving around.

"What's wrong honey?" She asks concerned. That one question broke Me. I start sobbing uncontrollably. "I'm coming to get you. Pack a bag your staying the night." She says before hanging the phone.

I walk to my bedroom and stare at myself in the mirror. I have dried mascara running down my cheek and swollen eyelids.

My hair is frizzy and cheeks are red.

The one thing that's missing is the light in my eyes. There's nothing behind them. No spark. No happiness. Nothing at all.

I don't recognize this girl at all.

Jalen hurts has done alot of things in his career so fair.

National championship winner
Runner up for the heisman thophy
Leading the eagles to now being 6-0

But the most important of all he broke me.

—————-

Unedited.

Hey guyyss

Y'all still mad at me?🫣🫣

This is just a filler for the next chapter which is why it's short

But fr....yall still mad at me??😭😭😭

What's Jalen gonna do? (I have no idea tbh)

What's Imani gonna do? (As if I don't already know👀 ——Cue evil laugh 😈)

Don't forget to vote and comment!

-Z🩵