Chapter six

Imani Pov

I groan at the sound of an alarm going off. Slightly opening my eyes,I see it's still dark outside. So why the hell am I being woke up so early. I sit up and feel a dense weight on my stomac and around my waist. Turning my head slightly, my eyes land on Jalen and the memories of last night flash into my head. 

Flashback 

BOOM!

I flinch hard with my hand over my heart. It all happened to quickly. One minute I was watching tv and scrolling through tik tok. The next the power is coming out and I'm sitting in my bed in the fetal position. 

ever since I was little I've had a fear of lighting and thunder. Mostly because I watched a man in our neighborhood get struck by lighting. Thankfully he was ok but thats traumatizing to a six year old child. 

BOOM! 

This time it was louder and brighter. With trembling hands I reach over to my phone and call my  brother. He always helps me during storms. Although he isn't here physically just being on the phone would help me alot. 

ring

ring

ring

Your call has been forwarded to voicemail. 

My heart sinks down into my stomach. Devonta never once has he forwarded my call to voicemail. 

I quietly walk out of my room and over to Jalen's. I release a huge breath full of anxiety before before twisting the door knob and opening his door. The quartback is spwalled out over the bed. His right leg is hanging off the bed with his left arm over top of his face. 

"jalen?" I whisper walking over to the sleeping man. He looks really peaceful. Maybe I shouldn't wake him. I'm 23 years old. I need to learn to deal with this on my own. I turn around and before I can exit the room another loud piece of thunder cracks. I sprint back over to Jalens bed and being shaking him like a mad man. All that dealing with this on my own shit can wait another day. 

His eyes shoot open in confusion and tiredness. He leans on his side to move his alarm clock to his sight. He sits up and swings his legs to the side of the bed. 

"whats wrong mama?" Hes asks rubbing the sleep of his eyes. 

"I-I-" I close my mouth unable to remove the shakiness and emotion from it. Plus with the tears falling down my face it's undeniable that somethings wrong. 

Jalen leans forward and grabs my hands,forcing me to walk forward. He turns me around and placing me on his lap. He arms around my wasit and his chin on my shoulder. 

"whats wrong?" He asks pressing a kiss to my cheek. I take a deep breath. 

"im scared of thunder storms and I called my brother to help me through it but he sent my call of voicemail and I didn't wanna have to wake you up but then there was a big one and I ran back and woke you up and thats how we got here." I ramble off while playing with my hands.

Jalen doesn't respond instead he places a kiss to my temple and runs his hand down my thigh. Being held by him is making me feel alot better. 

"you wanna sleep in here tonight?" He asks. 

should I?

SInce the night of the team dinner,things have changed between us for obvious reasons. He makes sure to tell me when he's leaving and when he's on the way back. I see alot more than I used to. And I'm not mad at it one bit.