Chapter nine

Jalen pov

"what the fuck man!" I shout as I threw my helmet on the sideline after injuring my knee during that last drive. It's been bothering me for a while now but with everything thats transpired these past few weeks it's make sense.

Devonta is still mad at both me and Imani. He hasn't spoken to me since that day and it breaks my heart. When I cost Alabama the national championship back in 2017 he was the only member of the team that would speak to me. All of our other teammates ignored  me and let it be known that it was my fault we lost.

now fast forward 6 years and he's ignoring me for getting involved with his little sister.

Speaking of imani.....man

I don't know what happened. Did we break up? But we were never really together.

Honestly,if the shaderoom wasn't being nosey bitches then we'd probably still be chilling and shit. But nah, I gotta go home and have things be arkward with a girl I genuinally like.

After sitting down and not wanting to be spoken to or bothered, I stand up and limp to the locker room.

The trainers check me out and tell me they advise me to not continue the game today. I should rest it today and the bye week we have coming up. I politely ask them to leave and to relay a message to the whole team to leave me the fuck alone until I come out and tell them my decsion. They nod and walk out the door.

this is the last fucking thing I need right now. Especially with two people who mean alot to me hating my guts.

As I'm sulking, I hear the locker room creak and squeal. Something in me snaps.

"I told them to not let anyone in,so respectully get the fuck out." I say with my hands on my face. I ask them for one thing. They don't listen at all man.

"excuse me?" A voice I haven't heard all week fills my ears. My heart begins beating faster slightly.

"Imani?"

I remove my hands from my face and turn in the direction of the voice.

there she is.

She's wear black leggings and a black eagles sweat shirt. Her hair is pulled back in a low ponytail. The top of her hair looks slightly frizzy letting me know that she had a hat on before hand.

"What are you doing in here?" I ask placing my hands back on my face.

"the medical team said you were in here acting like a whiney bitch so I decided to come and see for myself." I remove my hands from my face and raise an eyebrow at her.

"oh so we just throwing that word around now?" I ask her. She shrugs and walks forward slightly.

"that remains to be seen." She stands in front of me and bends down in front of me. Her eyes search my face.

"so are you gonna keep pouting like a baby or grow a pair and go back out there?" I roll my eyes at her comment.

"the trainers said I should rest." This time she rolls her eyes.

"yea no." She says standing up and sitting next to me on the bench. "you known good and well that you shouldn't have went out there tonight. With everything going on,your mental hasn't been the best and you know it."

"how would you know? You've been avoiding me all week." I snap back. She looks down at her shoes.

"I had to." She mumbles.

"no you didn't." I say standing up and walking---well limping towards her. I lift her chin up with my finger to make her look at me.

"It's all my fault you guys aren't friends anymore." She mumbles. I chuckle and shake my head.

"nah mama it isn't your fault. Brothers fight. Well be fine. I swear." I brush a piece of hair behind her ear and press my forehead to hers. She looks at me through her eyebrows and smiles at me.

She removes her forehead from mine and wraps her arms around my neck. I place my hands around her waist. She stands on her toes and places her lips on mine. I pull her tighter and closer to my body as our lips move in sync.

Our tounge battle for dominace which I obviously win. Her hands travel to the side of my neck as my hands travel to her butt. I grab one of her cheeks before lifting her up. Her legs wrap against my waist,tightly. I walk over to the nearest wall and lean her against it; our lips never leaving each other.

Out of nowhere we hear this pop from the crowd,scaring the shit out of both of us. We jump apart and try to listen to the annoucner to inform us on what just happened.

"interception! from Darius Slay."

She looks at me not removing her arms nor legs from around me.

"whatchu gonna do?" She asks me only now do I realize the pain shooting down my leg. I place her back on the ground but keep my arms around her waist.

"go tell the medical team to cmon and wrap up my knee. And to hurry up too!" I press a tender kiss  to her lips before giving her butt a pat to let her go.

God I missed her.

—————
Hi guysss

Ik y'all were mad at me for breaking them up but look at how fast they "got back together"👀🫣

Should I do her pov on situation?

I decided to be nice and update this book cuz I'm nice like that😊

I published a new book called "Is It Finally Our Time". It is a Ja'marr Chase x Bengals Cheerleader. Please got and check it out🥺🙏

Don't forget to vote and comment <3

-Z💕