✧ Part 1 ✧

"Rumeysa come home early today as you know Gabriel is coming, and we're invited for dinner at your uncle's house to celebrate his arrival and for discussing some important matters related to party." Mrs Dawood informed her excitedly but she remained silent in response and her eyes were fixed on her breakfast while her mind was elsewhere lost in some thoughts.

"Are you listening to me, Rumeysa? I'm talking to you!" her mom exclaimed with raised voice while her eyes were flashing with a mixture of concern and frustration while she placed her hand on her hip and her brows were furrowed.

" I'm all ears, Mom," she replied nonchalantly while her voice detached and her eyes were never leaving her plate and her tone was a stark contrast to her mom's urgency, " Moreover I have a hectic schedule today. I have a court hearing at 11 am, followed by a meeting with a persecuted family, then a visit to the orphanage, a meeting at 6 pm, and finally, an office dinner at 9 pm. So, I won't be able to make it, I'll excuse myself to Uncle." She rattled off her schedule with a sense of resignation while her words were tumbling out in a rush and she continued to eat.

Mrs. Dawood looked at her daughter with a deep disappointment while her eyes were filled with a mix of sadness and frustration and her face etched with worry lines and her lips were pursed together in a thin line. She knew her daughter all too well, the stubbornness, the independence, the determination. Asher and Mr. Dawood remained silent during their conversation and their faces were expressionless just like they were invisible and their eyes were also fixed on their plates.

"Let's go, Asher," she said while standing up from her spot with swift motion she grabbed her bag and she headed towards the door. Her long, dark hair were swinging behind her like a curtain.

" But I'm not done with breakfast, Unnie ( Sister ) ," He protested while making his face scrunched up in a sad pout.

" Bring your breakfast; hurry up. I'm waiting outside." She instructed him while heading out the door, her voice was firm but her eyes softening for a moment as she glanced back at her brother who was sitting there with pouty face.

As she left, her mom began scolding her dad, her voice was rising and echoing through the hallway while her words were tumbling out in a torrent of frustration and anger. "Look at your daughter; you've spoiled her so much, Dawood. She only cares about herself; it's embarrassing. The press is coming tonight, and it will be a disaster if she doesn't attend the dinner."

Mr. Dawood defended their daughter as usual in calm and gentle voice because they understand her situation. "You know she don't liked him, why you are force her to attend the dinner?"

Her face got red with rage while her eyes were flashing with a fierce intensity. " Because of her, Yousaf Hyung sent him abroad 8 years ago. Because of your daughter, he's unwilling to return. Don't you know how much effort Yousaf Oppa ( brother ) and Unnie ( Sister ) Tasha put into bringing him back?"

Mr. Dawood looked at his wife in disappointment and said "Yousaf Hyung sent him for better education, to make him a successful politician. My daughter did nothing to him, infact she agreed with us - don't you know?"

Then Mrs. Dawood stormed out of the room in furry leaving Mr. Dawood their eyes were filled with a deep sadness while their face was etched with worry lines at her behavior with Rumeysa.

As she about to drove away when her dad approached her and knocking on the windshield while their face lined with worriedness and eyes were filled with a deep concern.

She rolled down the window screen and looked at them with cute puppy eyes and asked. "What is it, Dad ?"

" You know you are my strength, my fairytale princess, don't make it hard for you. " They patted her cheeks and paused for little then said " you know whenever i saw you like this, my heart fetched and sometime i thought maybe our decision was wrong."