Chapter 6

P.O.V Shahrukh Khan

It's morning. I got up at 4:00 a.m. After changing into my sports uniform, I went for a run. After an hour and a half, I came home and went straight to the shower. I have to win this game. There's no other way. After getting out of the shower, I changed into my school uniform and put my soccer uniform and cleats in my sports bag. I went downstairs with the bag and sat down at the table to have breakfast. The whole family was sitting there.

- Are you coming to my game? - I asked my parents.

- Sorry, son, but today we have a very important meeting with our partners. - Dad answered sadly. I felt a little sad too.

- Next time we will definitely come. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. - Mom said, patting me on the shoulder. I smiled at her. Well, at least Aishwarya will come to the game. That makes me happy. Speaking of which. It's time for school.

- Aish, it's time to go. - I got up from my seat and said. She nodded and got up from her seat too. We walked with her to the car and drove to the school. We got there. I got out and trudged to the school. My friends were standing around my locker.

- It's going to be a good game today. - Aamir said, hugging Juhi.

- I'm sure it will," replied Rani, smiling.

- We will win," I said confidently, showing my muscles on my arm.

Everyone smiled amicably, but only I didn't notice Kajol among them. Her car wasn't in the parking lot either. I hope she's okay.

The bell rang. Our first lesson was geography. Mrs. Ryan is just like the other bitches at school. She kicks everyone at the end of the class and messes up their grades. She squeaks in class and gives you a headache. I sat at our desk in class and waited for the door to knock so I could see the hottie. I hoped she'd finally come. She wasn't there yet. I turned to Juhi.

- Where's Kajol? - I asked, but she just shrugged.
- Mr. Khan. Turn around, - I lowered my head and continued taking notes after the teacher. I think she's coming for the second class. All through the break, I was under the influence of nervousness. My hearing intensified, every word I heard pissed me off.

- Are you nervous about the game? - Madhuri asked me. I tried to force a smile.

- I'm fine. I don't know who we're going to play against yet," I said and shrugged my shoulders.I paid attention to the people coming through the door, but I didn't see Kajol there. Realizing that she wasn't coming to class, I left with the bell ringing for class. The coach was standing there. Sitting down he spoke.

- As you know today we are playing soccer. Today we're playing... - I was excited.

- The White Lions - I swallowed nervously and I was shocked.

- Shahrukh, you're in the lineup - with these words, the coach left. I ran out after him. The teacher yelled at me of course, but not without it.

- Coach, coach! I can not play - I overtook him and stopped him.

- This is not up for discussion. You gotta let go of the past, he said. I guess he knows my career history.

- My coworkers are there-- I tried to explain it to him.

- That's your job! - he pushed me aside and walked away.

I grabbed my head and squatted in the middle of the hallway. Shit, shit! I can't play. It always cracks me up before games, especially knowing each player by sight and knowing what they're capable of. I can't lose this game, but I can't win it either. I know I have to get the kiss of the girl I like. I missed a whole class and for the next class I was on pins and needles. I thought about the game. I was freaking out. I was really nervous. How can I play against my friends?