Chapter 5

P.O.V Kajol

After his story, and about the betrayal of his ex-girlfriend, I was speechless. I really wanted to support him. I also really wanted to kiss him on the cheek, but I couldn't break my promise, so all I could do was hug him. Without thinking any more, I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. My head settled comfortably on his shoulder. I don't know why, but I didn't want to pull away from him.

- Why don't we go for a little swim? - Khan asked, pulling away from me. I looked at him questioningly and moved away from him. He smiled seductively and took a step toward me.

- Khan, don't even think about it. - I threatened him with my finger, but he didn't listen to me. Suddenly he threw me on his shoulder and ran towards the sea. I started screaming and hitting him on his back with my fists, but he didn't feel anything.

- Khan, do you want me to get sick and not go to school tomorrow? - I shouted. The sound of the sea began to drown out my voice.

- Whatever, -said Khan. I'll kill him!

- Khan, let me go immediately! I beg you, please. - I was beginning to beg him. I didn't want to get myself and my clothes wet, and it was cold.

I don't know what suddenly happened to him, whether it was his conscience that prevented him from doing it, or whether he took pity on me. Shah turned around and walked away from the sea and we went back to our former place where we had stood five minutes ago.

- Beauty, you were worried for nothing, I wouldn't throw you in cold water. I'm sorry I made you worry. - Shah said, getting me to my feet. I nodded, and then smiled at him.

- Shahrukh, it's late... - looking at him, I said. He seemed upset, but it was really too late now.

- Beauty, I know. - Khan smiled weakly and we walked towards his car. To be honest, I'd gotten used to what he called me. I kind of like what he calls me.

We got home quickly. The house lights were still on, which meant no one was asleep. Khan opened the door for me and walked me to the door.

- It was nice spending the evening with you. - I said sincerely, standing by the door and shaking his hand. I looked at his eyes, which were desperate. I know he expected me to kiss him in gratitude, but I can't...unfortunately.....

- Next time, we'll definitely go swimming. - Shah said with a sad smile.

- No way, - I said, shaking my head negatively. Then he looked into my eyes and started approaching me. I stood like a stumbling block. He kissed me very gently on my cheek. I stood there with my eyes wide open.

- What? You're the one who made the promise, not me, - he said, looking at me and smiling, walking toward the car.

I walked into the house and smiled like a fool. I really enjoyed the date.

- Who was that boy with you? - My mom asked as I walked into the kitchen. I smiled again.

- It was Shahrukh. He is my new classmate. - I said and poured myself an orange juice and went to my room. I went to my blogging page. Lots of likes and comments. Also subscribers were asking for a video of the new guy. After answering them all, I plopped down on my bed and fell asleep before I knew it.

P.O.V Shahrukh Khan

It's been a week. We're still on friendly terms, nothing's changed. After the first date, I decided to wait a while, but I didn't realize I was missing my chance because some guy was glued to her. Without realizing it, she was pulling away from me. I have a friendly relationship with her, but no more. She pushed me away. I found out we have a game tomorrow and I remember our promise well. As you know, practice first and warm up the muscles, so I drove to school. Aishwarya didn't come with me because she and dad are going to the real estate agency. Dad wants to buy his own store here. I don't understand why, though. We're gonna leave here someday anyway. I drove the car to school and went to my first class. Today was our first biology class. I had to go to the second building. Mrs. Shidra would kill me if I was late. Looking at the clock, I ran down the hallway to class. I ran and bumped into some girl on the way.