T w e n t y - t w o

Start from the beginning

Josephine and Draco gave each other a look and awkwardly smiled.

__

"He did what?!" Josephine raised her voice, her wide opened eyes.

"I'm telling you, I felt so bad...He spoiled everything." Hermione shook her head and sadly lowered it.

"God, I'm so sorry for not being with you." She placed her hand on the spine of hers after her friend told what Ron had done last night. He left her crying on her own on the stairs while she was with Draco in her room.

"Don't worry, I returned to my dormitory, anyway." Hermione tenderly smiled, "What about you, how did it go? At some point I saw Theodore with a boy, but you were nowhere to be found."

"Oh yeas, I went back to my room because-"

"Josephine?" Adrian's voice cut her off as he was opening the door of the compartment where the girls took a seat in. They spinned around and a kind smile grew on Josephine's lips.

She hoped to see him again to talk to him, "Hello Adrian." Hermione said hi only with a simple nod. She recognized him as the boy she spotted Theodore with.

"I didn't want to interrupt you. We can meet later if you like." Adrian politely apologized.

Josephine's gaze landed on Hermione, and she smiled, giving her the permission of going with him, "No problem." She stood up and followed him, reaching the corridor of the train as his hands were hidden into the pockets of his pants.

"I only wanted to-"

"Before you start speaking." Josephine cut him off, "I wanted to apologize whether my behaviour from last night hurt you because I didn't mean it." She gesticulated, embarassed.

"I wanted to talk to you just about this." He nodded, "Before we were interrupted, I was about to ask you to dance with me."

At his confession, Josephine closed her eyes and shook her head, "I knew it." She whispered, desheartened.

"Listen, I'm not mad." Adrian chuckled at her sweet reaction, reassuring her by stroking her arm.

"Really?" She muttered, and he smiled and nodded, "Now I feel even more sorry because I would have accepted."

Adrian raised his eyebrows, "Yeah?"

Josephine nodded and silently stared at him. Christopher Colombus, he was gorgeous. 

"Would you accept if I asked you out after the holidays?"

"I don't know." She wrinkled her nose, "It depends on whether I'll want to."

He slightly chuckled as he approached by taking a step closer to her, making her spine collide against the wall, "Don't you have free time to be spent with me? I assure you it won't be wasted."

"I'll let you know." Adrian widely smiled as he looked into her eyes from above, from the twenty inches between them.

Salazar, she was gorgeous.

"Jòsephine?"

Draco suddenly popped out from the compartment, not so far from them. After having inspecting around him, he spotted her with Adrian, their attention on him.

"Oh Pucey." He annoyingly said as his arms crossed ove rhis chest.

"Malfoy." A fell from from Adrian's head before his attention landed on Josephine again, and he smiled, "It was nice talking to you, I wish you merry Christmas and let me know about that thing...I am counting on it." He winked.