F i v e

"Do you think Draco is okay?" Pansy asked, her concerned voice, as they all walked up to the nursery.

"Don't worry, he just got attacked by an hippogriff. Your prince charming is fine." Josephine comforted her friend, her words full of sarcasm.

Josephine and Pansy had been friends since the first year, even though at the beginning they didn't get along, due to Pansy's prejudice towards mudbloods. But when they got to know each other, both understood they had some aspects of their personality in common.

In all these years, sometimes Josephine mocked Pansy because of her morbid affection to Malfoy. She found her devotion pretty funny, as if Draco was someone of vital importance, someone essential.

She hadn't the slightest idea of what Pansy saw in him.

Despite Josephine thought that this situation between them was just comic, she always sheltered Pansy from Malfoy's bad behaviour towards her. It was clear that Pansy was in love with him, that's why Draco's offenses hurt. Josephine wondered whether he knew it or it's just the way he is. In the last case, it meant Malfoy was twatter than she thought.

Only an heartless boy could treat so awfully a girl whose mind was projected only on him.

Josephine comforted and amused her friend too many times, after a vivid chat with Draco. Too many times she was about to tell him how the things were, but Pansy begged to not do it because she if Draco knew her feelings, he would get away from her. Pansy didn't want this.

She knew she was too sticky, but couldn't help. She just wanted all of him. No matter how many times Malfoy shouted against her, Pansy always forgave him.

Josephine didn't agree with this, she always suggested to leave it and find someone who was worthy. Pansy was such a pretty girl - tall, thin, brown hair, bangs and green eyes. The only thing she had in common with Draco was the fact they were the bullies of the school. Pansy was part of the Slytherin girls trio, composed by her, Daphne Greengrass and Millicent Bulstrode. They felt superior and did everything to make other students their doormats, especially Pansy did.

"I know you're concerned, but once we're with him, just let him breath, okay?" Theodore asked, kindly as he stretched his neck to look at her.

"Now he's in his I'm-mad-at-the-world period, you girls know how it works." Blaise mocked as always.

"The only difference is that our period lasts about six days, his 365 days." Josephine followed his game, and they all chuckled.

"I'll try." Pansy mumbled as she slightly nodded.

"But if you don't manage and the blonde insult you, I'll think of it." Josephine supported her friend with determination.

"Hold yourself, miss." Theodore warned, knowing how hothead his best friend was.

"Who? Me?" She raised her eyebrows, pretending to be shocked by his words, and caused him to roll his eyes.

Once they entered the nursery, informed Madam Pomfrey they wanted to see Draco and she let them come in. Pansy was the first who stepped in the room and ran to the bed occupied by the blonde right then.

"Draco, are you okay?" She slipped on the edge of the bed next to him who was laying down with his plastered arm, a band sustaining it.

"Parkinson, today is not the day." He spat, harshly, as he rapidly shook his head, "How do you think I am? I can't wait to give a lesson to that jerk and his damn bird."

"Don't talk about Hagrid like that." Josephine immediately hushed him as she studied the nursery's setting. It was the first time she saw it.

"Do you know what I do with your fiflthy friendship? I wipe my-"