1*

Flashback

Summer 2016

I was sitting in my bed in my little house in New Orleans. I was scrolling on my phone, My friends were all off doing whatever because we were grown now and could do what we wanted.

I was scrolling through the Internet when I got a notification from one of my friends sharing a song to me

Antartica

I ignored it. She always talked about these cousin artists but I never had the time to actually sit and listen to them. But I tried to sometimes cause I could relate to them because we were all from new Orleans but never did. I had no interest.

I put my phone down getting out of my bed putting on a white bodysuit and some blue jeans and some of my old combat boots.

I put my hair up in a ponytail, grabbing my purse and my phone. I didn't have anywhere to be I just wanted to walk.

I walked out my house locking the front door behind me. Walking down my neighborhood, it wasn't the bad side of town but wasn't the good side either.

I walked for a little while before turning a corner to go towards the lake. I liked walking the bridge but I never walked the whole thing. You seen how huge that bride is? I'd fucking die.

I sighed pulling my phone out my pocket just scrolling as I walked. I don't talk to many people or anything, but people know me because of my parents. They were what you'd call... Town people. They knew everyone because they were friendly but also fiends. If you get what I'm saying.

I walked the long while to the bridge over the huge ass lake..I soon put my phone into my purse just leaning on the bridge looking at the water. I looked up hearing two people walking and talking.

I knew them, kind of. I mean I've seen them around. I looked away from them looking back at the water.

Soon, getting curious I walked away from the bridge walking back towards little Louisiana, I know I shook my head thinking about the walk back home, that fucking long? Eh it's my problem now. I need it anyways.

I started walking back home but soon heard a familiar voice, it was my best friend. "Hey girl!" She said bumping into me playfully

"Hey baby" I said as she started walking beside me. "Why aren't you on the trip?" I asked her because all of our friends were on a trip but I couldn't go. "House arrest" she said

"Curfew?" I asked and she nodded " Wanna help me get it off?" She asked and I shook my head no.

"I already got enough on my Record cause of you." I said as we walked in silence back to my house

"Do you listen to those boys?" She asked me and I shook my head no "Those suicideboys?" She asked again "No Nat, I don't. But why you asking?" I asked

"There going on like a tour thingy and I wanted you to come with me, but I need the Ankle off.." she said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll help you with It Tommorow" I said as we reached my house awhile later.

I unlocked the front door going inside with Nat. I threw my keys onto the couch and Nat closed the door behind herself going off into the kitchen.

I walked out of my bedroom with a screwdriver and sat on the couch "Come sit." I said tapping the seat next to me, nats face light up.

She came and sat next to me and we worked on getting the Ankle monitor off.

After about three hours, it was gone.

"These are getting harder Everytime man, why did you even get it this time"I asked getting up going to my fridge grabbing beer and sitting next to her

"uhh.. you remember Avy? Yeah.. her we got into a brawl.. and I kinda uh.. broke her jaw?"she said "Bitch, her fucking jaw? Maybe you need that shit on.." I said and she rolled her eyes

"so will you go to the concert thingy with me?"she asked and I nodded "I don't listen to them like that... But sure.." I said and she nodded

"If.." I said and she groaned "if what?"she asked "if you pay for my next tattoo.." I said and she smiled "Another one? Hell yeah you know I will." She said "I'm going tomorrow. So you can just stay the night since, this is Gone" I said throwing the ankle monitor

"What are you getting?" She asked "you'll see." I said turning the Tv on "Are you sure?' she said and I nodded.

We sat Infront of the TV talking and chatting for hours until we both crashed in my bed..

The next morning when we both woke up it was almost 11...

"Nat, Natalie wake the fuck up" I said nudging her and she groaned "What.. what I'm up" she said.. "I hope you got that wallet" I said getting up and going into my bathroom.

"Angel! It's at the crib!"she said getting up walking into the bathroom with me.

"Well we better hurry... The appointment is at 1." I said and she nodded "Can I drive?"she asked "Fuck no." I said quick.. "ion trust you after the last car." I said turning the shower on and getting in washing my hair and my body.. once I got out Nat was sitting on top of the toilet.

I wrapped the towel around my body, brushing my teeth walking to my bedroom. Nat following me, "Can we wear the hoodies" she asked and I nodded..

I put on my Underwear and Bra and some Black jeans, pulling on some white socks. I smiled at her as she looked through my closet for the hoodies and she read the back.

"if lost return to the other dumbass named Natalie."she said throwing it to me and I skipped it on over a black shirt.

She went to my other dresser putting on her white jeans and black shirt with the hoodie saying the same but with the name Angel.

We both put on our Combat boots. I grabbed my purse and keys, we went to the car driving to the tattoo shop.. which was less of a shop and more of our homeboys house.

We walked inside without knocking. we were early, it was 12:00 exactly, but it was our homeboy so who cares.

When we walked in Nats eyes lit up, He was Tattoong a Guy with Dreads and Tattoos all over his body, Didnt look like homie had any room left...

I looked at Nat and she looked at me and whispered in my ear

"that's scrim!"