Ch.6 : Night Drive

Her cousin was interrupting again and again so I told him "we have something important to talk about" with a serious look on my face to which he nodded.

I took Ardra towards my car and signaled her to sit inside the car but she passed me a confused look , which I understood and told her "talking while taking a long drive would freshen up our moods" to which she nodded.

Something was off cause she's not a type of girl to listen my commands very obediently. We both sat inside and I started the car and went on drive.

I was driving and Ardra. was looking outside the car being awkward no one started the conversation so I decided to break the awkwardness and played the radio but unfortunately my bad the song started "Zara Zara" to which Ardra immediately looked at me with more awkward look.

I was about to pause the song but at the same time Ardra too forward her hand and our hands brushed with each other.

"Why God why ? Why only today this is happening?"

I questioned myself and we both shared a look and looked away immediately the song still playing ,after 15 minutes I spoke
"So what's your thoughts about this marriage?" Looking towards her.

"I'm ready to give this marriage a chance because one day I have to marry someone so why not now." She answered still looking outside the window.

"So.. umm what type of boys you like ??" I again questioned her but this time not looking at her.

"Honestly, tum toh bilkul nhi " she said this looking at me with a bored look on her face but something mischievous idea on her mind I guess.

(Honestly, not you )

"What do you mean by , not me ?? Girls are dying to marry me and you got me without any efforts , dont you feel lucky ?" I said with a poker face cause her line hurted my ego.

"People usually fall for looks and money but not me , I'm not one of those girls who wanna marry you just for your looks and power of money. I fall for nature and behavior." She answered meand no doubt i was empressed by her answer.

"So you like my behavior and nature ?" I questioned her again.

"I didn't said that yet dont assume anything yourself, I was just telling for what I fall in love. And I have decided to know each other more before our marriage we would go on date for 1 month , is it okay ??." She told me while again looking outside the window.

"Yeh its totally fine, I was thinking the same." I told her and looked at her but she still looking outside. She was here but lost somewhere else.

"I want to tell you something" finally she spoke herself and I nodded.

"What if I never fall for you ??" Listening to her question an unknown pain and fear rushed inside my body but I dont know.
why ?

I dont like her right ? But still why her words are hurting me?.
I shrugged my thoughts and answered her.