Chapter 4

I went to the mall to find a 'partner'. I'm sure that I can find a 'partner' there. Partner= bait, maybe a mini bank, someone that I can quickly ditch in a situation. I know, never pick me for a school project. I wanted a gullible, teen girl. Some who can be a confidant, and who can relate to a situation.

I was overwhelmed by the people and sights of the mall. I finally found out why the mall was the stereotypical teenager hangout. It was filled with perfume and shops. I found myself wandering into stores and looking for things to do. I thought it would be a quick in and out to find a partner. All the girls there were only interested in their phones or their friends.

Finally I found what I was looking for. There was a girl in Claire's who was by herself. She had dark-blond hair and no phone seen. I tried to discreetly walk in and stare at her without seeming stalkerish. I pretended to look at some girlish earrings while edging closer to her. Suddenly I saw my opening; the girl was grabbing at a dress. I bumped into her.

"Oops! Sorry."

I barely heard her, I was busy trying to analyze her and see if she was a good fit for the... Team.

"Um," she waved her hand in front of my face. I was just standing in front of her staring at the sign analyzing the facts. "Hello?"

Finally I snapped out of it, "Oh! Sorry, um..." Great now this person probably thought I was a weirdo.

I thought for a moment, going over different scenarios in my head. "What school do you go to? I think I recognize you."

"I go to Maple Stone High, why?"  She didn't even pause to think why not to give her school to a random person. Perfect.

"Oh! Now I think I know you! April?" If it wasn't for her name tag I would have been darned.

"Oh hey!" She didn't know me, but she was putting on an effort to remember.

"Do you want to go to Starbucks or something? I've heard a lot about you!" I know that I should play of the guilt of not knowing.

"Oh, sure! The one by Oakhill?" She gave me a genuine smile. See! Coffee lovers unite!

I had no idea where Oakhill was, but I was willing to find out and get this girl on my side.