Chapter 3

I pace around my room thinking about how I am going to find grandma without help. 

"Samantha! Dinnertime!" I heard Grandpa yelling from the living room couch.  Meals were the only thing that Grandpa would get up for.

"Okay! Coming!" I wondered what Grandpa had made.  I trudged my way downstairs, halfway there I saw Grandpa get out of his chair and turn off the T.V. We both made our way to the table.

"So! What did you make for supper, Samantha?"  He rubbed his hands together in preparation.

What!! He expected me to make dinner? I was the guest here! But Grandpa without dinner was a bull in an old man's body, so I decided to fake it.

"Well Grandpa! I am going to make... um... sandwiches?" I tried to make it sound like that's what I had in mind the whole time.  Thankfully Grandpa nodded his head in satisfaction.

"Okay! Then GET TO IT! I want to get back to my game." He sort of trailed off talking about the good plays he's seen in the past few days.

I made myself a sandwich and passed the bread and 'ingredients' to Grandpa.

"Huh? I was just telling you about the wonders of Harry Michael's swing!" He looked distractedly at the sandwich materials in front of him.

"Oh, Sorry Grandpa. You lost me back at game" I continued eating my sandwich.

"Samantha! You were supposed to make my sandwich!" He pushed the food to make and sat back in his chair.

"GRANDPA!" I rose to my feet, "Grandma isn't going to feed you with a silver spoon all the time... and neither will I!"

Grandpa grumbled about making his own sandwich. He eventually gave in and started putting together his sandwich.  I fished out some carrots from the fridge, they were covered with mold.

"Eww! Grandpa! You let the carrots mold!" I have had it with Grandpa's game. A brilliant idea came to mind. "You know what?! I don't think you are capable to live in this house alone. I am putting you in a ASSISTIVE LIVING until Grandma gets home."

He gaped at me, "B-B-But you w-wouldn't d-d-dare do th-that?"

I sprinted to the computer, "Hmm... A-S-S-I-T-I-V-E-space-L-I-V-I-N-G."  Up came a bunch of results.  "Sunrise, Springfield, Sunny home, Lillian, Pavilion... Ah! Here we go!" I booked Grandpa a room at a hotel with no TV's. Perfecto! I ran around before grandpa could catch me and gathered a weeks worth of cloths and other essentials.  I just wanted him to get out of the house for a while, somewhere where he won't be in my hair.

In the morning he looked at the hotel, "Hmm... Aha! Umm..." After what seemed like forever, he finally agreed that maybe, just maybe he would like it there. I sent him off the next day.