Chapter 1

When I got back to the beach, I decided to pack up my stuff and go back to grandma's to stay for a while. I started going to my dorm to get my bag of stuff, I was taking my time, just reminiscing on that moment of shock, confusion, and hate in the king's eyes.

I think about what the reunion will be like. Happy? Sad? Angry? The NEVER-WANT-TO-SEE-YOU-AGEIN?! Hopefully not the last one. I got tired of walking so I turned into a raven and started flying.

I got to the dorm and grabbed my bag, I murmur a mental checklist of things as I grab them.

I cram my possessions into a light-weight bag that is designed to fit onto a wing. I test out the raven with the wing-bag, it fits perfectly.

I start flying to my grandmothers. I get a lot of OMG-THERE-IS-A-BIRD-WITH-A-BAG! TAKE A PICTURE! I can just imagine an Instagram post with a picture of a bird with a wing bag with a '#BirdWithBag'! Ah, good thoughts.

I get to my grandparent's house, but I don't see grandma running to greet me. I run into the house, I see grandpa on the Cricket channel watching a play.

"Hey grandpa! How are you? Where's grandma?"

"Huh? Wha?" He doesn't even look up.

"Where. Is. Grand-ma?" I say it slowly so he can comprehend.

He gives a shrug and returns to his sports-T.V. I give up on the asking approach, instead I look upstairs and in the basement. I see nothing. Then I find it... on her bed there is a note.

I start to read the note aloud, You want to know where your dear Grannie is? I know! Meet me at 1739 Auguste Rd. CA. at 6:00pm on 6/03. Come before it's too late! If you call the police, tell anyone, or try to track me; your Grandmother will be dead in a heartbeat. Be a good little girl and meet me there.

I read the signature aloud, "T-R-U-E space K-I-N-G. What?!" Who is this true king? Oh, true king, it is probably the king from the hybrid community!

Quick note:
This is not a real address, please do not try and Google it. Thx!

-Rachel