and you'll ask yourself (where is my mind?)

Start from the beginning

Midoriya's desperate cry pierced the tension, his voice strained with determination as he summoned every ounce of strength to break free from his restraints. With a surge of power from his quirk, he shattered the metal bindings that held him captive, his eyes blazing with urgency.

"[Name]!" Midoriya's voice rang out, filled with alarm, as he witnessed his friend assuming a defensive stance, shielding Melissa from harm with their body glowing as they activate their ability once again. Despite his initial panic, Midoriya's instincts kicked in, propelling him into action.

"Stop it!" he bellowed, his voice echoing through the room, as he launched himself towards Wolfram with unwavering resolve. Using the wall as a launching pad, he hurtled towards the villain with incredible speed, ready to unleash the full force of his quirk. "Smash...!"

But Wolfram was quick to react, dropping to the ground and summoning a protective barrier of metal to intercept Midoriya's airborne assault. As the metal wall materialized in Midoriya's path, the collision seemed inevitable, as it blocked his fist with ease.

As the ground trembled beneath them, Melissa's scream pierced the air, her fear palpable as she clung to [Name], seeking refuge in their protective embrace.

In the aftermath of the collision, [Name] cradled Melissa close, feeling her tremble against their chest as they exchanged a meaningful glance with Midoriya. There was an unspoken understanding between them, a shared resolve to confront the imminent danger head-on.

With a whispered reassurance, [Name] lifted Melissa into a bridal carry, her arms wrapping securely around their neck as she sought solace in their presence. "Keep your eyes on me," [Name] murmured softly, a vow to shield her from harm as cracks began to snake across the ground.

"Go! Now, [Name], Melissa!"

They ran.

Amidst the chaos, Midoriya's distraction provided a fleeting opportunity for escape, his unwavering focus drawing the attention of the red-haired villain. As [Name] moved swiftly, their heart beating at the thought of being stopped by the criminals.

As [Name] darted towards the doorway leading to the control room, Melissa let out a startled squeak, her grip tightening around [Name]'s neck as they surged forward. Urgency fueled their movements, each step a determined stride towards the control room.

"Follow them!" Wolfram's command echoed behind them, but [Name] remained determined, shielding Melissa from the looming threat with a protective stance.

"Leave them alone!" [Name] heard the defiant shout but forced themselves to block out the inner voice urging them to turn back and assist Midoriya. They knew he had entrusted them with the crucial task of rescuing the hostages, and they couldn't afford to falter now, especially with All Might's potential involvement looming on the horizon. At this point, they doubt that Midoriya and themselves are able to stop the villains by themselves. They don't even want to think about what had happen to their classmates.

As they pressed on, the sounds of battle reverberated through the corridor, the ground and walls quaking with the intensity of the confrontation unfolding behind them. With each passing moment, the stakes grew higher, and [Name] was determined to press forward, they need to get help alongside Melissa.

I am so sorry, Midoriya they thought with a scowl. Amidst their sprint towards the control room, [Name] felt a surge of anger coursing through them, not directed at Midoriya, but at the enemies who had ensnared him in the fight.

"Where is the control room, Melissa?" [Name] demanded, their voice laced with urgency as they kept their gaze fixed ahead. Melissa swiftly turned her head, her eyes scanning the surroundings before pointing in the direction they needed to go.