seventeen.

Madi walked towards her locker without the normal accompaniment of Benny and Ethan, the two boys stuck in detention after hacking the PA system to set off a ghost alarm

Madi walked towards her locker without the normal accompaniment of Benny and Ethan, the two boys stuck in detention after hacking the PA system to set off a ghost alarm. She was on at school when the alarm went off, charging her laptop for classes after she forgot to charge it overnight.

As she walked towards her locker, Madi noticed Rory at his locker a couple doors down, his head inside of it as snores echoed from inside. Madi chuckled, taking slow steps towards him before she tapped his shoulder twice.

Rory gasped, throwing his head out of the locker with wide eyes. He looked around the hall to see where he was and calmed down once he realized he had only fallen asleep.

"Man, that concert must've ran really late last night." Madi muttered, knowing Rory went to a concert the night prior. He hadn't stopped talking about it all weekend. Rory turned to look at Madi, showing off the t-shirt he had bought at the show and Madi's jaw dropped at the band logo printed across the shirt.

"Oh my God!" Madi laughed out excitedly. She hadn't met anyone else that listened to Single Tear and here Rory was, wearing a concert edition Single Tear shirt. Rory smiled cooly at the girls words, gesturing down to his shirt. "I see you've noticed my limited edition t-shirt." He said, not noticing Madi's excitement.

"You listen to Single Tear?" Madi asked, her eyes wide and Rory sighed, dropping his head with a shake. "It's Single Te—" Rory's words to correct Madi paused when he realized she had said the bands name properly. His head whipped to look up at Madi, his eyes widened and a small smile growing on his face. "Wait. You know Single Tear?"

Madi shook her head in an obvious manner, making Rory more excited by the second. "I have since their first album. But I didn't think you liked them. Have you heard the new remix of Love Shaped Heart?" She asked and Rory smirked, holding up one finger. "Ah! Hearing it is one thing, spice angel, but seeing it is a more awesome thing. I'm downloading their double acoustic Antarctica concert video as we speak!"

As Rory pulled out his iPod to show the video downloading, Madi's jaw dropped. "Really? I've tried to download that like a 100 times, but I keep getting Nick roll'd." Madi groaned, pulling out her iPod that immediately started singing the Nick Roll song as soon as it turned on.

Rory scoffed, shaking his head as Madi shoved her iPod back into her pocket. "I hate that!" He said before he started to smile and take another step towards Madi. "I found one torrent that's the real deal. Ultra hi-def, 10-channel surround. It's 246 gigs of Single Tear angst and frustration. If you want, we can have a watch-party when we get to my house. Make a night out of it?"

Madi's eyes widened at the offer, the thought of Rory asking her out on a date. She didn't notice the pink starting to tinge her cheeks as she smiled. "Really?" She asked softly, but the excitement was still prominent in her voice.

Rory felt his own heart flutter, but he shockingly hid it better than Madi did. "Of course, sweets." He said just as the one minute warning bell for class rang through the school. Madi looked up at the PA system before turning back to Rory. "Great! I'll see you later!" She said happily and Rory nodded, frozen in his spot as Madi started to walk to class.