five.

When Madi woke up the next morning, she felt alive

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

When Madi woke up the next morning, she felt alive.

Well, as alive as a vampire could be but she wasn't proud of it.

Madi made sure that she dressed in an outfit that would get her least attention, not wanting to have to face Ethan and Benny.

She slowly walked up to the school when she heard her three nerdy friends bicker a few feet away, making her speed up to pass them. "Heck, no! I'm rocking the full-on vampire action, dude. The big V! Can I get a what-what?" Rory asked and Madi slowed down in shock.

"What? You drank human blood?" Ethan asked in shock. Madi felt the back of her neck starting to heat up from facing the sun but she ignored it, listening to the conversation.

"They said if I didn't, I'd die. All the other kids were doing it!" "Do you have any idea what you've just done to yourself?" Benny practically cried out. "I'm immortal and all-powerful, dude. Ka-chow!" Rory suddenly stopped talking and let out a sad hum. "Sorry, I gotta go to church."

"Church? Vampires don't do church." Ethan chuckled out. "Jesse says we have to. He's so bossy. He's all, blah-blah, the prophecy, and blah-blah, you must find the Cuban animals." "Cuban animals?" Ethan and Benny asked. "What are you talking about?" "I don't know. That's what it sounded like." Rory answered Bennys question.

"Anyway, we'll hang out later. Or "fang-out"! Zing! Come on. Oh, and if you see Madi, Jesse wants to talk to her!" Rory called out and Madi felt her throat close up in fear.

"Grab your backpack. You and I are going to church." Ethan said when suddenly the back of Madi's neck burned, making her yelp and jump, her hand flying to the back of her neck to cool her down. She glared in the direction of the sun, not directly looking at it when she heard two pairs of footsteps come up from behind her.

"Madi? You okay?" Benny quietly called out. Madi slowly turned around to face the two and showed her fangs with a sad smile. "Surprise!"

...

Madi sat with Ethan behind a tombstone, her neck still in pain as she tried to sooth it. Ethan, noticing her discomfort, looked at her worriedly. "You okay?" Madi barely nodded. "Yeah, the suns still hit my neck, though."

Ethan sighed before taking off his jacket. "Here." Madi sent him a small smile, putting on his jacket as Benny joined them behind the tombstone out of breath. "Shh! They're over there." Ethan whispered, pointing at the group of vampires digging something up.

"Look at them. Hoodies and sunglasses. Oh look, Mads has that too. Nice look if you're-" "Hey." A voice called out behind the three and they all smiled to Sarah. "Ah, look. Twins." Madi muttered and Sarah sent her a small smile.

"What are you doing here?" Ethan asked as Sarah watched the vampires. "Same as you. I'm following them. I just wish I knew what they were up to."

"Well, according to Rory, they're after the Cuban animals." Madi informed, making the two boys turn to her. "You  heard our conversation?" Madi looked to them and shrugged. "You three are very loud."

Forever Young | Rory Keanerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें