thirteen.

"This is the unholiest abandoned veterinary hospital I've ever seen

"This is the unholiest abandoned veterinary hospital I've ever seen. I'd put the chances of seeing Canus Spectralis- ghost dog-at total max. Somebody's here. I smelt it... but the spirit world dealt it." Doug said from Ethan's TV.

Madi watched the TV mindlessly, not a fan of the man, only going to watch new episodes because the boys practically drag her out of her house from across the street.

The sound of someone chewing loudly made Ethan, Benny and Madi slowly turn to Rory who was obnoxiously chewing popcorn. Madi rolled her eyes slightly, ripping the bowl out of his hands as Ethan scoffed. "Rory! Vampires don't even need food!"

Madi's eyes went wide, turning to Ethan with a mouthful of popcorn. "We don't?"

Rory shook his head, taking a handful of popcorn. "I'm sorry. I'm a stress eater."

"Scare Finder Rule Number Eight: Don't be afraid of scares." Doug said through the TV and Benny sighed. "Doug's fearless. He's a machine designed to, like, delete fear from itself." Madi rolled her eyes at Benny's words, throwing a piece of popcorn in the air and landing it in her mouth. Rory threw his arms in the air, cheering her on before Ethan and Benny roughly shushed them.

"Hey, everybody! We're live outside the door of this year's Day with Doug winner. This superfan gets to hang with me and go on a scare find in his own town" Doug said and Madi squinted at the door on the screen, feeling like he's seen it before.

Ethan groaned as the doorbell rang. "Oh, come on! Who would bother us now?"

"That kid must have a crazy luck bonus- like, a plus six!" Rory breathed out in astonishment as Benny groaned. "I automatically hate this jerk. He should be me and he isn't."

Madi tilted her head, still watching the door on screen as she took another handful of popcorn. "Is it just me or does that door look familiar."

Suddenly, the door on screen opened, Benny, Madi and Rory's jaws dropped at Ethan on the screen. "Hey, big man! Name's Doug Falconhawk."

"Ethan, you'll never believe who won the contest." Benny screamed.

"Are you Ethan?" Doug asked and Ethan gave a small smile to the camera, backing up slightly in shock. "Hi..."

...

"I dig your decorating style, Ethan." Doug said as he looked around Ethan's room, the four teens standing off in the corner.

"He's here. It's real. This is a thing that's happening." Ethan whispered to Benny beside him who kept pinching himself, not believing Doug was in front of them.

"Dude, this is off several hooks." Rory mumbled from beside Madi. When she turned to the blonde boy, her eyes went wide seeing Rory slowly start to float off the ground. "Oh no." Madi mumbled, grabbing his shoulders to push him down, getting his feet to hit the floor as soon as Doug turned to them.