𝙃𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝘽𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙁𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙮.

François was so worried that he couldn't think today, which just happened to be his birthday. This whole week, he barely saw Lloyd. He sees him in the morning when he kisses his hand and at night when he kisses his forehead. He's been working nonstop. He hasn't been eating or sleeping enough. He looked sick again.

Nobody wished him happy birthday, only his grandparents and brother, which felt dull. Everyone was quiet. The dogs were nowhere to be found. His husband was somewhere else, and it seemed like no one cared. He sat by himself in the throne room, making stupid phone calls and notes well into the night.

--------

At night, absolutely defeated, he got ready for bed.

"François."

He looked behind him. He bitterly turned away when he saw Lloyd in an old looking suit with heavy mascara and lipstick, tears in his eyes. "You forgot my birthday."

"No, I didn't." Lloyd smiled as he took his hands. "I'm so sorry I didn't pay attention to you today, but it was for very good reason."

"What reason?" He was less bitter, though still upset.

He led the redhead into the dark hallway and into a place into a castle he didn't even know existed. He saw his husband smile. Who was he kidding? He couldn't stay mad at him. He swung open the door.

"Happy birthday!"

There was an orchestra that played him happy birthday. His friends were all dressed in 1930s clothes. Bella came up and hugged him as Lloyd laughed at them, hugging his shoulders. There were dancers, soldiers from the war, and even citizens from Vagu. He couldn't believe it. He was so overcome with emotion that he had to cover his mouth and bury his face in Bella's shoulder as he cried.

"You've always loved The Great Gapsy." He looked up as Lloyd looked over at him. He was so beautiful. "Me, Bella, and Beau were planning this for like months!"

"We've been working on this for days. That's why we've kinda been avoiding you, my guy." Beau's voice was deep. He's starting to man up.

François had to control his tears. "Oh my God, oh my God." He touched their faces. "This is the nicest thing anyone's done for me. Oh my God."

Bella was wearing a champagne 30s dress and looked like a flapper, a feather band in her cut hair. "Hey, you deserve it after everything."

---------------

He was having the night of his young life. He was dancing with different men and women, but he enjoyed the slow dance with his husband. The orchestra played A Nightingale Sang in Berkey Square in French. The way he was looked at like he was absolutely precious, the gentle hands around his waist, the warm look in the violet eyes, he was melting.

It was a bit embarrassing to have such a grand party all for him, but it was such a pleasure to have strangers toast in his honor and give him grand gifts. James gave him a portrait of him and his husband. He loved it, they looked so handsome.

"Franny!" Beau and Bella took him by his arms as he was talking with Lloyd. "Dance with us!"

"But I'm here-"

"Baby, it's ok!" Lloyd put down his glass of champagne. "Besides, I have a little woman here who would love to dance with me." He took Luna's hand, who was all smiles.

The redhead went with his friends to the dance room. It was like everything in the book, from the pool down to the music. He felt spoiled, but a part of him knew he deserved it.

"This is great! It feels like I'm in a movie or something!" François laughed with his friends, breathless from dancing.

Beau, who had cut his blonde hair to his shoulders, smiled at him. "I mean, isn't your whole life like one?"