Chapter 177: Bet of Danger

Start from the beginning

"I'm betting one thousand, though I'd prefer if more people survive." Said Sarah with a beautiful smile.

"I'll say six hundred!" Stated Marley, her answer slightly startling everyone present from how low it was, but nevertheless, it was wholly possible for her to win.

"Thirteen hundred will survive even if I have to ensure it happens." Said Idonea calmly, her response bringing an end to the suggestions.

"Alright then, since we've all stated our bet, let's enter the Treasure realm; given how long we took, a few days have already passed, and the longer we wait, the less time we'll have to manipulate the bet." Declared Elif calmly as he, Elaine, Idonea, Marley, and Sarah floated towards the large space gap.

"Don't do anything foolish, Elif and Elaine; you two are both powerful, but there are still a few beasts in there that should be able to give you a difficult time." Said Marcus lightly as he returned to his original position beside the tear in space.

"No promises!" Said Elif and Elaine simultaneously as they entered the tear in space, causing Marcus to shake his head while the three others followed right after them.

Exiting through the other side, Elaine and I emerged inside the same forest we could see from the other side; a short moment later, I sensed Idonea, Marley, and Sarah enter the Treasure realm, appearing just beside us. Turning around, I curiously looked through the large tear-in-space, and unsurprisingly, I could see a little bit of the palace along with the royal courtyard, though everything was moving very slowly, such as the leave swaying in the wind and the occasional critters running about in the courtyard's forest.

"So, now that we're in the Treasure realm, where shall we go from here, your Highness?" Asked Sarah as she gazed upon the forest before looking at Elif, who merely smirked in response.

"I think you mean, where shall you go from here? We shall be splitting up. You two may be my followers, but if you both were to stay by my side, you'd acquire many treasures that you didn't properly earn, and you, Sarah, you need to face a worthy adversary; when was the last time you fought someone, actually, have you ever fought anyone?" Stated Elif lightly with a raised eyebrow while looking at them, causing Sarah to reel back and awkwardly look away.

"I don't mind splitting up; it'll allow us to engage more with enemies and possible beasts." Said Idonea calmly while Marley nodded in agreement, causing Sarah to sigh in defeat.

"Stop acting so dramatic, Sarah; I know I'm breathtakingly marvelous, but you'll still have Marley and Idonea, even if they aren't as fantastic as I." Remarked Elif with a narcissistic smirk as he flipped his hair behind his head, causing Marley and Idonea to give him blank looks while Elaine nodded in her head in agreeance.

"Currently, we're at the east side of the Treasure realm, which is the area filled with the weakest of beasts, so this is a good place to allow Sarah to engage in a couple of fights; however, I'd recommend slowly heading west as it progressively gets more dangerous since those areas are filled with more beasts of a higher caliber." Added Elif lightly, while the three took his words to heart with a nod.

"Thanks for the information, your Highness, until we meet again." Said Marley with a smirk while Sarah waved goodbye before they all took to the skies in search of treasures and beasts.

Shaking my head at Marley's antics, I looked over at Elaine and smirked as we both took to the sky, though while the others were heading northeast, we were heading directly west.

"Let's have some fun, Elaine." Said Elif with a slight smile while Elaine smirked in response.
___
___

While Elif and Elaine were heading west in search of some fun to pass the next thirty-seven days, far, far away in the south was a group of seemingly ordinary Elves standing in a circle in the middle of a clearing; however, if one looked closely, they'd notice their Qi resembles that of a Demon. Standing at the center of the clearing was a rather large bluish Demon with leathery wings, three horns pointing to the sky, sharp claws on both his hands and feet, and a mouth filled with razor-sharp teeth capable of shredding through flesh.

"It's been a few days since the opening; has everyone arrived?" Asked the demon with a gruff voice while looking at three different Elves as they walked forward before kneeling.

"Yes, all three groups have arrived and are ready to enact the plan on your order." Said one of the Elves with pale skin as he looked up at the bluish Demon.

"Heh, good; since you all know what to do, began phase one." Ordered the bluish Demon as he waved his hands, causing the numerous Elves, standing in a circle, to unsheath a dagger from their waist and stretch out their arms before slicing their wrist.

As they began bleeding from their wrist, they started walking clockwise while constantly making slight movements, such as going either left or right, causing the blood that soaked into the ground to seemingly take on a formation. Once the Elves had walked in a full circle, returning to their original spots, each was pale and breathing heavily from the loss of blood; not even a few moments later, as the last bits of blood spewed from their wrist, one by one they began lifelessly dropping on the ground.

However, the blood-soaked ground started to glow while burning the dirt away, revealing an intricate circle formation with a black portal as it began devouring the fallen Elves' corpses.

"Began phase two." Said the bluish Demon, causing the three kneeling Elves to stand up and approach the formation.

When they neared the formation, they stretched their arm just above it and began summoning an uncountable number of spirit stones of God rank from their dimension ring that the formation greedily devoured; this continued for the next hour until the dimensions rings were empty. When that happened, the three Elves, without hesitation, leaped into the formation, to which it absorbed them into its seemingly bottomless dark pit.

"Phase three." Muttered the bluish Demon with a hardened gaze as he summoned several different pills before consuming them.

A few short moments after consuming numerous pills, the Demon's cultivation base, which used to be just an early Divine, started to skyrocket, skipping ranks such as Divine Lord, Divine King, Divine Emperor, and even Half-step Celestial, as he became a Celestial, causing dark clouds to converge toward his location swiftly. Once his cultivation base comfortably settled at that of a Celestial, the Demon approached the formation, and just like the three Elves before him, he leaped into the pitch-black formation while mouthing a few words.

"May the Immortal Demon Sect reign supreme!" Muttered the bluish demon as the formation completely devoured him, yet even so, the heavenly tribulation up above didn't disperse.

___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 251: Grandparents Arrive) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 133: 2 Vs 1 & 3 Vs 1) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 230: Akainu's Overwhelming Might!)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 204: Victory!) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]