Part 9

Clarkes POV: Tuesday after school

I meet Wells in a random classroom. He says that the coaches have an answer about me becoming the team medic but he doesn't know whether it's a yes or no. Wells was really sweet talking doing this that I almost feel like I should. And adding to what mom had said when we went out to eat a little bit ago too. I'll make new friends probably, and it will be great on a resume and for overall experience. I decided this morning that if they say it's possible for me to become the team medic, I am going to do it. Coach Kane walks in the door kicking me out of my thoughts. Kane looks excited and Wells looks like he's about to burst if he doesn't get the answer in the next second.

"Over the weekend I've talked to the school board and the school rugby union and they said that a student medic was allowed if they are properly trained and if there is one adult that is properly qualified in their first aid." He says in an excited tone.

"Yes! So that means Clarke can do it?"

"Hahaha, yes if she gets her certifications,or already has them up to date she can do it, she will just have to show proof of her qualifications by sending her certificates to the rugby board."

"I'll do it." I reply. I'm getting kind of excited about this now.

Kane gave me the email and right when I got home I sent all of my certificates to the email. I was excited to tell mom about it when she gets home. She's gonna be so proud of me.

Lexas POV:

The bell just rang signalling the end of school. I was so ready to head home when I remembered that we have our rugby meeting. I head to the classroom that it's taking place in and there were already a lot of people there. I sit at a desk and soon Lincoln comes in and sits next to me. Augustus comes in as well and we all sit together.

Coach Titus and coach Indra comes in and we wait five more minutes for a few more people to show up. There are a ton of boys but not as many girls, which is usually the case. There are a few new faces in the girls team which I'm happy to see.

The coaches start talking and they give their whole speech about what we should expect for the season and everything. We thought up some goals for the season and overall our biggest goal was to beat Arkadia high again. That was honestly the best day of my life last year, when we beat them by two points. It was the best feeling ever and I can't wait to do it again this year. When I thought about Arkadia I also thought about Clarke. She's been on my mind for the last two days, and I can't tell why. She still hasn't accepted my follow request so clearly she's not interested in me at all, which I don't care about because I'm not interested in her. After the meeting was over they handed out the consent forms to everyone. We need to sign them by Friday or else we can't tackle in the practices that are coming up the next week. We have practices Monday, Tuesday and games Thursday. I am so pumped for this season.

When I got home I decided to go for a run. I put on my blue long sleeve adidas shirt, jogging pants and put my hair in a bun. I grab my AirPods and leave my house. I am really feeling my music this time and I'm feeling really excited for the season to start so I decide to run a little further than normal. After ten extra minutes of running I turned around to start heading home.

As I'm running home I see a familiar car. It's older and a nice light blue colour. Immediately I recognize it as Costias. Shit. I start running faster hoping I can run right by her and she won't notice me. My prayers weren't answered and the next thing I know she's sticking her head out of the window and calling my name. I think about pretending I don't hear her and continuing running away but I can't. I stop and look her way.

She gets out of her car and walks over to me. I take out my air pods when I see her mouth moving.

"What?"