Chap 30 : Ruin the team

Start from the beginning

With the corner of my eye focused on them I make my way to their table.

I'm on the look out for myself when I put toons of citric acid into a cup of water then toons of baking soda into it. I close the lid of the cup then shake it, slightly praying I don't get caught. When Mrs Willer ends her little gathering, I hurriedly drop the cup then run back to my seat.

I sit on my stool then act natural. I slowly turn my neck to take a peak at the girls as they get to their seats. They're obviously carried away as they laugh and chatter but the bubbles from the cup becomes more noticeable so it takes the attention of the brunette.

"What's happening to our project?", she asks in horror pointing at the cup with her manicured finger. Girl must go to the salon a lot, hand's looking nice. A little compliment before the destruction.

The others take notice as the cup starts to shake. The lid comes off, flying away and they all scream taking the attention of the whole class.

The contents of the cup fly at them some getting into their hair, while some settling for their lab coats. That's gonna take a while to get off.

As Mrs Willer runs to them, I silently laugh. It's not so bad being the bad guy, huh?

**

I frown deeply as I make my way to the field. I guess you know what time it is.. yep, it's that time to sweat profusely, to pant uncontrollably and maybe lose consciousness.

I walk closer to the class as they stood in front of Coach. The yellow whistle around his neck couldn't look more yellowish as the sun shined down on it.

My eyes scan the place for a certain popular kid and I frown even more when I don't see him. I don't know why I even bothered searching for him when I literally ran away from him this morning.

"Today class, we're going to do some volleyball", he says and I sigh. It's not laps but.. it does involve running so it's still bad.

"Now split your selves into four groups and make a captain. I'll give you five minutes to do that", he says then looks down at his watch then back at us and when we sees us just moping around he yells, "Well get a move on it".

Everyone move their feet looking for partners while I just stand there because.. who would wanna pick me? I can barely run. I watch as people form groups and I slowly start to back away.. no one's gonna pick me, they can't-

I crash into someone and it stops my train of thoughts. I turn to see Asher. I tense when he's eyes focus on me.

"Well if it isn't..", he trails and I think he's trying to remember my name, "Fatty", he says and I put a hand on my elbow, gripping onto it. I don't think he's forgotten what happened the other day.

"I'm not..", I trail feeling my anxiety coming up.

"You're not fat? Is that a joke?", he questions and I start to notice people walking up to us. He's popular friends to be precise.

My heart starts to pound hard against my chest and I start to find it hard to breathe. No.. no this can't be, this can't be a panic attack.

"Or you want me to bring a mirror so you can see your size?", he asks and his friends laugh getting the attention of other people who were setting up their groups.

I hold on to my chest taking a few breaths. Why is this happening?.

"I bet we could use her as the ball", one comments.

"We couldn't she's too big", Another interjects.

"Yeah like the size of a car", A blondie comments.

"Nope, a truck you meant", Asher concludes.

"I.. I..", I struggle to form a sentence.

Asher snickers, "Trying to say something Fatty?".

I look up at him and watch as his lips curl into a sinister smile. The hand on my chest tightens, crumpling my shirt.

"I. Am. Not. Fat!!!!", I yell and it goes silent, it's like a graveyard afterwards. The field goes quiet to the extent I can hear my heartbeat.

Asher's bewildered and he's crew is also in shock as they look at me. I turn to see everyone staring at me, even coach. I shut my eyes bitterly, I wish the ground would just swallow me up.

The sound of a whistle pulls everyone from their trance so we all look at coach, "Five more minutes to pick your teammates", he says and everyone goes back to forming groups.

I sigh walking away from Asher and his troupe. I wish Noah was here, he would have fought for me, he would have told them to back off when they approached. But he can't always be there, he's not my guardian angel.. He's just Noah.. not my Noah.

Hot tears brim over my eyes and I try my best to fight them back. "Are you in a team yet?", someone asks so I turn to see Noah standing over me. I'm shocked to see him, majorly because I was just talking about him in my head.

"Wh.. what are you..", I trail wiping my eyes quickly with the back of my palm. "No, don't pick me", I say instead.

"Well I'm not asking anymore.. come join my team", he says with authority clear in his voice.

"What for?.. I'm just going to ruin your team", I say and he smirks coming closer. I gulp keeping eye contact with him.

"Because princesses need to stay close to their princes", he says then places his hand over mine. "Now let's go ruin the team".