Chapter 19: Are You An Angel?

Start from the beginning

"Petal."

Jace called him, wrapping his bleeding hand with a cloth he had ripped from his own shirt, trying to get his bleeding to stop. But the little boy was more important than him now.

"I'm okay." Noah said in absent mind, getting closer to the boy on the table while releasing calming pheromones to show they weren't a threat.

The boy glowed at Jace and Nathen but calmed down a little with Noah's scent. That gave an idea of what the boy was really afraid of.

"Jace, Nathen, step back." Noah ordered.

"But he is dangerous." Jace pretended not to know what his mate was asking.

"He is afraid of alphas." Noah hissed. "You two are not making anything better."

Well, now Jace could also see that this little boy was clearly fear of alphas. But that didn't mean he was willing to let his mate get closer to him.

"Petal, but he is not in his right mind." Jace stopped Noah by holding his hand.

Noah turned to glare at Jace, surprising him.

"He is just a child who has been tortured by a crazy alpha who knows how long." Noah hissed. "And he was panicking, scared, and in pain, needing some comfort! So now let go of me!"

Jace was completely frozen. For all the time he had been with omega, he had never seen this side of him.

Not caring anymore, Noah walked towards the panicked pup, increasing his calming scent, and tried to overpower the metallic blood scent in the air. Nathen, who was still holding the boy, looked at Jace confusedly for orders. Jace slightly shook his head, saying, let Noah handle this.

Jace knew from the moment he laid eyes on omega that he wasn't someone to push over or walk over. He was a fighter, a survivor, and a warrior. That was the main reason his wolf attached itself to him. So, he knew Noah could handle this. His wolf said to let his mate handle this. Also, his mind painfully reminded him that his mate had been in the same situation years before. So, he clearly knew how to handle the little pup better than anyone else.

"Hello, I'm Noah." Noah said, getting closer to the boy. "I'm not going to harm you."

But the little boy didn't take any of that and growled at omega. If it wasn't Nathen who was holding him, he was surely going to bite again.

"Puppy."

Taking advantage of the fact that Nathen was holding him, Noah slowly ran his hand through the raven lock that was covered with dirt, blood, and who knew what else.

The pup was trashing around in his holding. But Noah didn't stop and stroked through his hair gently, minding knots on there, increasing his calming pheromone and making the pup calm down.

"Puppy, you're safe now. Everything is going to be okay."

What was Noah doing? It seemed to be working because the pup slowly stopped trashing around. After he stopped trying to bite, Noah signaled Nathen to move away, which he obeyed immediately.

"Hey, I'm going to heal you, taking all the pain away." Noah said in a calm voice. "But I need to remove resistance first. So don't attack me."

Boy stared at Noah instantly as he removed restraints. Two alphas in the room also hold their breath. But whatever happened next happened so quickly that neither alpha had a chance to move.

As soon as Noah took out the restraints, the boy leaped on Noah, snarling. Noah caught the boy by the arms, but instead of pushing him away, he pulled him towards himself. The boy was caught off guard by the action, but as soon as he recovered, he sank his sharp canines where he could reach into, which was Noah's shoulder.