Chapter Fifty-Eight

Start from the beginning

But he was her beloved.

Her Daemion.

"Daemion...?" Rhaena whispered as she looked at him with disbelief and denial in her pale lilac eyes.

"Rhaena..." Daemion whispered back, "My—" but he was cut off before he could speak...

For Rhaena, With no thoughts, had lost her will and control to her heart's desire and body as she wrapped her slender arms around Daemion's neck and pulled him into a tight embrace, as she buried her face in Daemion's long raven hair, breathing his scent in

"Daemion!" Rhaena began to cry as she tightened her arms around her beloved's neck. "My beautiful Daemion!"

Daemion felt as if his heart could stop beating upon feeling Rhaena's soft slender body pressed against his lean body... As her arms were wrapped around his neck, and her hair's scent filled his nose.

Daemion could simply cry for even being able to caress her wavey silver-gold hair once again... A moment that he had not even dared himself to even see in his dreams... and yet it was happening...

His Rhaena.

Daemion wrapped his arms around Rhaena's back and embraced her even tighter as he buried his face in her hair and took in a deep breath as he inhaled her hair's scent in and whispered. "Rhaena..."

Hers was a scent that none of the flowers of the Seven Heavens could even caress his nose with their divine scent... Only her scent.

Many things she wanted to say

Many things he wanted to hear

Rhaena knew what she wanted, nay needed, to say to him... The secrets she had held in her heart were harder to hide than she thought.

Daemion knew what he would. He didn't care about what servants and residents of Red Keep would whisper about him since he had spent nearly four days in her chamber... They could talk for all they wanted to say, it didn't matter.

No one mattered in that moment...

Only them.

So All they could do was to embrace one another... and breathe each other in. For how else two who had loved another even in their deepest pain could make up for all the years they had lost for someone else's hatred...

Rhaena could Daemion's hand shaking as they were on her back.

She could feel her body tremble with fear...

What if it's just a dream? Rhaena wondered fearfully to herself. Gods... I beg you... Allow me to say it before it's too late.

And with a deep breath that she took in, Rhaena spoke words that she longed to speak. Words that she never spoke, and haunted her every night of the past twelve years...

"Daemion... I love you." Rhaena whispered in his ear as her eyes were closed and whispered the rest of her heart.

"I love you... I love you more than I've ever loved anyone else... I want to say it, even if this is not real..." Rhaena whispered. "I was lost without you... I never knew how much I needed you, until you were no longer there... To embrace me... To kiss me... This is what I should have told you after you told me you loved me twelve years ago... I love you..."

Daemion felt as if the time stopped around him.

As if the world itself turned darker than night's sky... and the only thing that shined brighter than the sun, warming him up, was the woman whom he held in his arms.

To hear the words no one had ever spoken to him... To hear them from her lips... from her voice. From Rhaena... She spoke the words that he had cursed himself for being a fool, that he could ever hear those words from anyone... much less from her. The beautiful and bold princess Rhaena Targaryen...